post replypost new topic
Scary Situation

Posted: November 19, 2016, 11:34 AM
I'm in a whole lot of trouble here on the Prairies.
My best friend and I moved to Manitoba from Toronto 3 years ago.
We came here because we wanted to start a new life, a clean life.
He was on Methadone for 12 years and I was on it for 15 years. I thought he was fine because he was on Suboxone for the first 6 months we were here. I was still on Meth too at a very high dose (170)..I've managed to come down to 80mgs.
When his Suboxone he ran out I found myself having to watch his every move because yesterday I caught him putting a bottle back in my drawer.I was PISSED!
That was last week,,so we've decided he'd come with me to see my Dr on the 28th of November, he wants to go back on Meth at a very low dosage and I agree with him because he's SO depressed without it, he just lays in bed and talks about nothing positive, he mopes around..you get the picture.
Here's my problem, when his Sub ran out I would give him a tiny tiny bit (5mgs). I know that's against the rules so I've decided to suspend all my carries until he's stabilized.
I want to be pro-active with my Dr, I want to go to him with my situation as opposed to him finding out and suspending my carries indefinitely.
If I step up and take responsibility by being honest do you think he'd punish me?
Probably, because your not suppose to give your Meth to ANYONE.
We've lived together for 22 years, I can't bear to see him so desperate for drugs and I can't help him anymore.
The only rational idea is to speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

Posted: November 19, 2016, 1:10 PM
Ouch....hard situation. ..I don't know. ..personally. ..might be unwise to mention your giving your dose out...you know how that will go...get him back on his own dose would be my suggestion. ..if it's only a week or so...you can probably ride it out...any methadone or subs on the street out there ? I know not a great answer...but for short time...might help ?

This post has been edited by constantine on November 19, 2016, 1:11 PM

Posted: November 20, 2016, 9:13 AM
do not say anything toy our doctor please, I am thinking it wont go down nicely if he learns tre truth as methadone is controlled drugs and not some I dont know blood pressure pills. I know people losing script for much less. I get that you want to be honest but i wouldnt recommended

Posted: November 20, 2016, 11:56 AM
Are you two attending NA meetings in Manitoba?
What program of recovery are you working?
What city/town are you in?
It sounds like the geographical cure isn't working ....

I'm near Windsor, ON.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: November 21, 2016, 11:28 AM
No I don't think telling your doctor would be a good thing. You should keep quiet IMO. How are things today ? I wish you the best.
post replypost new topic