post replypost new topic
Leg Pain With Methadone Withdrawal

Posted: September 26, 2016, 2:18 AM
Has anyone had experience with leg/feet pain during the withdrawal stage? It feels like pins/needles and constant aching. If I don't keep moving, it's worse. If I keep my body busy, it's not as noticeable. However, I'm also finding that if I work out hard at the gym that it makes my pain worse. Working out makes me feel better overall but it increases my leg/feet pain. Going to the gym is the one thing that is keeping me motivated through this withdrawal but it's also increasing my pain. Anyone experience this or know what to do? I'm 7 days free of methadone. Was on 10mg a day for 10 yes for chronic back pain. Tapered from 10 mg to 1 mg over a period of 2 months.

Posted: September 26, 2016, 3:18 AM
Hey Racer, well done for getting off. I don't have an answer for you sorry. I have just came online also to look for some help with restless legs. I have been off methadone for about a week too and my legs are driving me crazy so I also would like to know what I can do to get some relief.
Ssds

Posted: October 1, 2016, 7:46 AM
I'm on day 70 something of kicking methadone. A supplement called CalMag Boost you can get online has helped me tremendously with the restless legs and rigid, twitching muscles though out my body.
It had Calcium, Magnesium, vitamin D, Vitamin C and L-Theanine in it.

Congrats on getting off!!

Posted: October 1, 2016, 10:32 AM
Rls and the pain drove me almost damn crazier than I was already through the methadone kick...and it lasts for what seems for months after...I did alot of walking...bicycling when I had the energy...putting them up against a wall helps...they tell me if your in uk..tonic water helps because it's got quinine. ..doxepin helped me...it gets better...but it was the last thing to feel better...still have nights where they act up and I've been off almost 6 months now...

This post has been edited by constantine on October 1, 2016, 10:32 AM
Teej

Posted: October 4, 2016, 11:41 AM
I was never on methadone, I was on subs, but Im here b/c Im curious about methadone vs subs. Congrats on everyone whos come off and Im assuming its much like subs in that symptoms can last months. Not too mention your body needs at least a year, maybe even 2 until s***s back to normal...it will end..keep up the amazing work and know your going through this to save your life....

Posted: October 4, 2016, 1:01 PM
Thinking there's two perspectives on that....methadone saved my life...getting off of it... gave alot of my life back...but didn't save me...cuz all those behaviors I had that the methadone corrected...came back....depends on how you look at it maybe...

Peace
Con
post replypost new topic