post replypost new topic
Reducing Off 2ml Methadone
Sarah

Posted: June 9, 2016, 1:30 PM
Hi all, I've been using methadone for a good few years now, managed to come down from 65ml to 2ml so very proud of myself for that! My prescriber says there's not much point in reducing down to 1 ml but I have children to look after an am worried it will affect that if I just stop? I'm using street bought valium to help, any advice on how much it will affect me to stop now or go down to 1ml?

Posted: September 7, 2016, 9:20 AM
im also on 2ml and will go to nothing in 2 weeks .... the main problem ( if any ) will be sleep ... 2ml is so small however i would stay on 2m for at least 4 weeks so your body can adjust to it
also its worth getting some dihydrocodeine rather than benzo,s as they will help when reducing to nothing and dont have as serious addiction potential that benzo,s have
im also on gabapentin for a spinal/left side nerve problem and they work in a similar way to valium ( they help you relax and make you calmer )
lets remember 2ml of methadone is only equivilent to a 30mg/500mg co-codamol tablet so its probally more phsycological than physical .....
just stay active when reducing from 2ml to zero ... this will keep your mind off any "slight" symptoms which you probally wont feel ..
best of luck my friend
post replypost new topic