post replypost new topic
Please Help. Cold Turkey From 130 Mgs

Posted: March 29, 2016, 9:00 PM
Okay, my name is sean. I'm 20 years old, I was addicted to heroine at a young age and finally in march of 2015 I decided to get help at a clinic. I had a friend at the clinic that got his take out doses stolen, called me crying and was was in a huge panic. I've been in that situation before, so I decided to help him. (Bad choice). I gave him 30 mg out of my 130 mg take out to help him because I felt bad. I know what your thinking, that it was stupid of me. But at the time my intentions, were solely to help a sick friend. Long story short, he tried to join my clinic. So he could get help as well.

But in his intake he slipped up and told him I gave him some done, and yesterday they kicked me out. No clinic will take me where I live because of the incident. It was a federal offence. So they won't take me at any other clinics..
If I could rewind time i would. I was truly just trying to help afriend. But I get it. Just regret it with every bone in my body.

So yesterday they let me dose, my full dose, but then basically sent me on my way and said good luck. To me I'm just another number.

So I'm begging at the mercy of someone's help, please I need some advice. I have 2 8 mg suboxone. But I know I can't take those for like 3 or 4 days. I have horrible anxiety and bought some xannax on the street, but I only have 10 2 mg xannax. PLEASE HELP. I can't stop crying, my withdrawl is gething worse by the hour. I'm literally begging for some advice. I can't take this withdrawal ): I've been on 130mg for a little over a year, maybe missed one or 2 doses. What do I do? Please help

This post has been edited by Need help on March 29, 2016, 9:02 PM

Posted: March 29, 2016, 9:38 PM
Sean:

Have you contacted NA in your area?
i would seriously consider it.

Can you see yourself clean and sober? Give NA a call.

This may end up being your lucky day.

I wish you the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: March 29, 2016, 10:22 PM
Why didn't you call BS..Say he's full of crap and why are they taking the word of an outsider of the clinic over youres?Deny it and make a big stink about it..Great Friend you got thier

--------------------
Bratygm

Posted: March 29, 2016, 11:17 PM
Yes I very much want to be completely sober. I know my friend messed up but he honestly thought everything said was confidential and he's very sorry. But we are past that, I tried to fight it trust me. It's no good. Truth is, I messed up and I shouldn't have gave it to him. But like I said I'm way past that and going into withdrawl as I type this

Please somebody give me some advice, please I'm begging here. It feels like my life is over. I'm so sick of this methadone thing. I just want to be off and go back to work. I had to go on administrative leave because of this. It's like my whole life is on pause. My anxiety is KILLING me right now. Please please please help..

I have 2 8mg subs, but I know I can't take them for at least another 72 hours. But with my anxiety, it feels like my withdrawal is unbareable and I get very suicidal. I had to go 3 days without it once and felt like I was going to die. Please tell me what I can do so I don't have to go threw these horrible withdrawals. I'm only 20 years old and I regret join the clinic with everything in me. Please help.

This post has been edited by Need help on March 29, 2016, 11:23 PM

Posted: March 30, 2016, 8:00 AM
does your state have health center hotline, find the drug and alcohol number call them, they should of provided you a rapid detox, call a rehab center see if any beds are available, other then that im not sure what to tell ya, Good luck my friend. God Speed

Posted: March 30, 2016, 8:07 AM
Check in to a detox.unfortunately Thiers only a few options at this point will make the sickness stop in reasonable time frame,Detox or buy what you can off the street as far as comfort meds and detox at home.but I if you do it at home Thiers a good chance you'll just buy some pills or whatever to make it stop instantly until you can come up with a good plan.Of course using is the last thing you should be doing but if you cant get into rehab and detox in a safe place away from the street drugs and people,No need to torture yourself if it isn't necessary. Come up with a good plan and maybe get addiction psyke doc and get something to help if anxiety Is a real issue when you're not sick..

This post has been edited by bradygm on March 30, 2016, 8:07 AM

--------------------
Bratygm

Posted: March 30, 2016, 8:10 AM
I just read what I wrote and kinda confusing....what I was saying is if rehab doesn't pan out then getsome s*** off the street until you can make a plan and execute it

--------------------
Bratygm
Angelic Soul

Posted: March 30, 2016, 11:53 AM
I would like to join this site .... all I keep getting is that the characters I entered to validate that I'm a real person are not correct ..has anyone else had issues joining? ? Help .... I am a methadone user in need of help and support as well and would like to participate in these forums

Posted: March 30, 2016, 11:57 AM
Fixed error and have joined ... I hope this group is helpful . Thanks nice to meet you all

Posted: March 30, 2016, 12:06 PM
"Please somebody give me some advice, please I'm begging here."

I gave you advice that has saved millions of lives over the years. Go to NA.

Are you looking for advice that sounds good or advice that works?

All the best.
Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: March 30, 2016, 12:20 PM
Hey I just read your original post -
Your anxiety meds will help. Like a few people said c
Call a rehab or detox clinic they may be able to help you with remedies or at home detox methods. . Unfortunately there is no pleasant way to get through it ... get in your mind that this is a flu not withdrawl... get medicine especially that are for a flu they will help .. get pepto or imodium for the stomach cramps and sh#$ .. drink a ton of water to flush your system as much as possible .... I have never made it through the withdrawl but I've done 3 days and these where the only thing that helped .. plus Xanax and gravol ...... I got in my head once that I was just going to quit taking methadone. . I was done in hate it and I was just going to tough it out through the withdrawl... very much like you my anxiety got the best of me and I felt like I couldn't breath or get enough oxygen ... that particular time I actually ended up in the hospital ..when they found out I was a methodone patient I was treated horribly ... but they will use an IV to help flush your system and get gravol into you .... and atleast you have medical professions there incase anything happens ... they won't release you while you are unstable so you can take.comfort in atleast having people around you and not going through it alone ... I live in Canada so I can do that .. I'm not sure where you are located .... our hospitals will not give you a methodone dose but atleast ur not alone ?! I am here 24 / 7 if you want to chat

Joining this group because I'm sick because I screwed up myself as well ... I am being punished by my clinic aswell ..thank god they didn't go as far as they did in your case. I admire your honesty and recognising that this was a mistake you made ... many people would blame the clinic where as you realize how you messed up ... that in it self should be something to be proud of. You are an honest person who takes responsibility for your actions .. not many people like you ... I really hope you can get an find help and worse case I can be here to support you through this illness if you would like.

Posted: March 30, 2016, 12:21 PM
What is " NA " ?!? just curious

Posted: March 30, 2016, 1:09 PM
welcome angelic , Na is narcotics anonymous, a support group , hello, btw i visit here daily ,im also on methadone im down to 10mgs, doin the taper route, i dont have a choice . so be it, if you need to chat im always around. God Speed

Posted: May 20, 2016, 7:53 AM
Oh My Goodness, I feel your pain. a similar thing happened to me. My ex partner had been released from prison and I was giving him half of mine. He then went to the clinic and got a description to give me some of his. I know it is wrong but can your friend that you kindly helped not give you part of his description as it was his fault (even if not intentional)

Also I am sure the clinic can't refuse to help a person that is trying to stay clean.... After a short period I was allowed back into the clinic near me. I told me ex to get his own description which by this point he was.... that didn't stop him still wanting some of mine... I would seriously duo some a** licking and possibly beg for the help of this service... explain your point and possibly write a letter,get a couple character references, this will all go in your favour. there is always a way...

Lastly I just wanted to say, you are so long like me ,, I am 25. I really hope you manage to sort it out.
I was on heroin for 7/8 years and got on it at 17 with my sons father (the ex) we recently split and I moved over 200 miles away, leaving my son with my mum for the time being while i get myself sorted. I am on 40 ml of methadone now and thinking of my options.... every need somebody to talk to please write or email (jadehodderunwin@gmail.com)
jadehodderunwin at gmail.com

It is nice sometimes having somebody that is closer to your own age to relate too..

Hope you have worked everything out.. Jade

Posted: May 31, 2016, 5:47 AM
wow sorry about your situation. i'm a lot like you are in wanting to help someone in pain (always) because we're good ppl. i fortunately got a very good tip from a random longtime methadone patient when i first started, they told me: "don't EVER trust anyone in the program! even if they (say they) are your friend. and if i don't have any friends there yet then DON'T make friends....it only leads to trouble"
when i first heard that i thought: it can't be that bad! but i did stay very standoffish and kept to myself and low and behold i saw what that chick meant.

hope someone reads this and heeds this advice as well.

lesson learned. you'll figure something out. i would try to meet with a program director of a clinic you really wanna join and have just a straight one-on-one meeting to thoroughly explain your situation and how it will NEVER happen again. agree to go on strict probation if you can. you might have to jump through a ton of hoops but you will have pay the consequences of your actions somehow. (perhaps get your friend that you helped out in dire need to write a long letter explaining the circumstances as well.) let them know that your just a kind hearted person who made a bad decision because you care too much about ppl and it wasn't because you don't respect the rules. i've seen ppl do worse and still manage to figure something out with the administrative staff/director of program (they're the ones who run the docs and nurses).

Good luck and don't use this as an excuse to slide back into bad patterns again. its a slippery slope my friend.

Posted: July 13, 2016, 9:46 AM
I just joined this and saw this and wondered how u were doing?

Posted: July 18, 2016, 3:48 AM
Bin there bro its like bing in jail going threw proccesing and taht and stopd 90ml after bing on it six yrs due to the police again so all i can suggest is keep running hot baths tht helps the cramps in ya legs or i no u dont wana use but like my guy further dwn the page said wotts the poinnt putting urself threw pain for nowt im not saying go get an oz or sumert try pace it i had to move to liverpool n got on script in 5 days s n they can only bann u for a certain amount ov months well thts how it rolls in britain !get ur tunes on n either a hate to put it like this do ur rip n rattle of 120mg of kryptonite or get a plan goin get sum ova bits n batts sorry thts wot id do wrong or write peace i wish u well

This post has been edited by jammin13 on July 18, 2016, 3:54 AM
post replypost new topic