post replypost new topic
3 Weeks Today
Daniel45

Posted: January 15, 2016, 10:46 AM
today makes three weeks off of methadone. I'm so glad to be free of doctors and those drugs. after 15 years. thank you for everybody that help me. I want to encourage other people to do the same. if I can do it they can too.

Posted: January 15, 2016, 3:12 PM
Are you in a recovery program, Daniel ??

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Daniel45

Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:27 PM
papa bear no I'm not in recovery unit. the doctors prescribe methadone for me for the last 15 years. I tapered down to 20 milligrams and stopped on Christmas day taking it. the only help I had was this bulletin board on what to do I also use the bulletin board to vent some of the problems I was having. someone told me that hard thing to work doing . I'm very grateful for all those that help me here. and I want to encourage other people to let them know that they can do it too.

Posted: January 17, 2016, 9:18 AM
Awesome Daniel!! My fiance's still hanging in there, he's a day ahead of you! Glad you're getting through it!!

--------------------
14 Years with an addict...

Click Here to Read My Story
Daniel45

Posted: January 17, 2016, 11:38 AM
Becca thank you for writing me back. I don't know if I could have done this without this bulletin board and the people that help. even though I've never talked to your fiance I felt like we're trying to do in this together. I can't wait for one month I look forward to it every day. take care of yourself and I know you're taking good care of your fiance.
post replypost new topic