post replypost new topic
Two Weeks Today
Daniel45

Posted: January 8, 2016, 7:59 PM
I'm just happy you tell people that I've done thisits been two weeks today . I went cold turkey on Christmas Day I was taking 20 milligrams a day for 15 years for chronic pain. and I will let people know if I can do it they can too. Thanks for everybody's help on this website.

Posted: January 8, 2016, 8:24 PM
Great job!!! That is awesome!! I know it isn't easy but you've done it!

--------------------
14 Years with an addict...

Click Here to Read My Story
Sam B.

Posted: January 8, 2016, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Daniel45!,
I went cold turkey from 8 years @ 60mg. this past summer. The truly great news for anyone wanting to follow suit is that it is certainly possible. For myself the first 30 days were hard. All of the typical acute opiate withdrawal symptoms presented. Hot and cold flashes, insomnia, sweating, lethargy, disassociation. Bed rest with lots of hydration was necessary for that whole first month. When things start to improve after two or three weeks (they really do) for me it became a reflexive feedback loop. One starts to get his or her life back. Your senses improve. They may even seem hyper acute at first. Your mind and your thinking really does improve. You become more resolved because of these improvements. Movement becomes a joy again, remember that? Your libido returns! Everyone is different but there must be lots of similariy. I really do not believe dosage matters that much. My girlfriend quit cold turkey from 20 mg 5 days after me and she had just as much withdrawal as me and she is 30 years my junior. In some ways she had a tougher time. We are both now 6 months clean and feeling just great. To rid yourself of methadone does take a little time. Many people suggest that methadone should not be stopped this way. They say one needs to taper off slowly. There is some evidence which suggests that tapering doesn't work. That final drop when you do finally just quit is just as painful as it would be at a much higher dose. I believe the most important thing is to make yourself as comfortable as possible, don't take benzos because they too are very addictive. You must take off time from work. At least two weeks if possible. I am self imployed so that part was not critical in my case. Bed rest, movies, hot baths, sex, hydration, meals when you feel up for them, supplements, smoothies all really help. Support from family and friends is great if available. Success stories like ours I hope will help anyone considering this approach. You really can do this! If my girlfriend and I can so can you. It does take a little courage. In the end what is a few weeks of really bad flu symptoms compared to the larger picture? This is about liberating yourself from a drug invented by the nazis to help their military fight in horrific conditions. You are not a nazi soldier! Happy to answer any questions from anyone. Sam
Jason

Posted: January 9, 2016, 9:25 AM
Thanks for sharing it was great to read. Just switching from methadone to subutex my body has woken up! My mind and my life has opened up again. I can't believe who much life was stolen from me from taking methadone everyday. I read a Wikipedia write up on the MU receptor and it is so important to our brain functioning and has a lot to do with relationships even. I can't believe it's good science to saturate that part of your brain with Hitlers invention.

Posted: January 10, 2016, 8:55 PM
Daniel - how are you doing? Seeing any improvement? Hope you're doing well!!

--------------------
14 Years with an addict...

Click Here to Read My Story
Daniel45

Posted: January 10, 2016, 9:34 PM
thanks so much for all the encouraging words. Friday I return to work and I starting to feel a whole lot better. I stopped taking ibuprofen for my pain it was causing me to have a headache so bad but overall improvement everyday. today. makes day 16 and I'm so happy

Becca how is your boyfriend doing with it .

Posted: January 12, 2016, 3:26 PM
Daniel45

Please Read and start taking ASAP

http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...=0&#entry780489
post replypost new topic