post replypost new topic
Almost Off Down To 2mg

Posted: August 8, 2015, 9:55 AM
Just wanted to post something this blog has been quite but I am now down to 2mg which I have been on for a week now and so tomorrow I am going to 1mg for a week then get off this crap forever. God is good and is with me every step.

Posted: August 8, 2015, 1:50 PM
Hi There, I was on Methadone for 3 years, tapered down to 4mg and then jumped about 5 weeks ago. The mental aspect is the worst...once you get passed that, it truly wasn't bad. From days 4-10, I had a hard time sleeping, but that was the worst of it. I sneezed a lot too, but I was no worse than having a cold, and after day 10, it's been all up hill. Now, I feel almost 100% back, I sleep through the night, no symptoms, no depression, I think the slow decrease helped a lot, but now I wish I had jumped a lot sooner. Don't get caught up in your head about these last 2mg, just prepare yourself mentally and do it! You can do this!

Posted: August 8, 2015, 2:13 PM
Thank you so much I started working out in a gym last year and although working out on methadone at a high dose is a lot different than the low dose I still walk on the treadmill for a mile 1 1/2 - 6 days per week. I have been on Methadone for 4 1/2 years and I forgot what my body feels like not being on it. So after day 10 you attracted feeling great ok that makes it great for me to get after it and get off this mess.

Thank you so much!!!!

Posted: August 11, 2015, 5:23 PM
Hey I am at 36 hrs after my last dose. I felt it early this morning but after a good work out and a steam in the gym I am feeling better. Just taking it 1 hour at a time then 1 day at a time.

Posted: August 14, 2015, 4:06 AM
Hey there, how's today? Just keep busy! I tried to not count the days or hours, especially in the beginning, because it's like you're waiting for it io hit hard and then you get caught up in the mental aspect of this, which truly feeds the bad feelings. If all you think about is withdrawal symptoms, that's all you'll feel. Keep busy and keep it out of your mind, you got this!

Posted: August 14, 2015, 8:13 AM
It's been 4 days since my last dose and I am not sleeping well but everything I have read it I have to get to about day 10 and things will be better. My rls is just about gone and so that is great because it was bad. But I can make it because I do not need this chemical in my body anymore.

God is great!!!
QueenB

Posted: September 28, 2015, 9:37 AM
I tapered off methadone after being in it for 3 years. To help sleep I take melatonin and for the mood swings St. Johns Wart. They both work great and are natural.
post replypost new topic