post replypost new topic
Methadone Withdraw
Michelle

Posted: July 19, 2015, 7:33 AM
So right now I am 72 hours since my last methadone dose. I was on 50 per day for 6 months. One month ago i lost my job so I had to start tapering. I went down by 2 every 2 days.
Other than insomia, i was okay ..until last night. No sleep. Anxiety. I feel like something is running around in my chest. My body hurts. But with all this, its still not as bad as I expected.
Am i almost out of the woods here? Or just getting to them? Please help!!

Posted: July 27, 2015, 10:41 PM
That depends... I've run into many hardcore opiates addicts who take withdrawal like it's nothing. My true withdrawal didn't start until Suboxone threw me into it 11 days after my last methadone dose. You haven't updated, I'm guessing maybe it was just beginning? Hope you're ok.

--------------------
" Many times I sought the lighthouse
The familiar beam in the dark
Looking for the comfort
Radiating from its spark;
Today I turn that inward
No longer am I the seeker
I am not just the lighthouse
I am the light -
And lighthouse keeper. "

Posted: July 28, 2015, 5:13 AM
I know that I am tapering but I feels withdrawl for instance my legs were shaking most of the night. I think I am just going to jump off cold because if I am going to have some withdraws might as well deal with getting this mess out of my body and eventually with time all will stop.

Posted: September 28, 2015, 10:53 AM
I took the time to join this group to share my amazing discovery. I have been on methadone for pain for 8yrs,I started at 120mgs a day for 7yrs and then dropped 10mgs a month and I am down to 50 per day, anyway by being an addict I often take way to many and end up in withdrawal quite often, sometimes I have to wait up to 4 days with nothing. Insane I know but anyway after so many times in misery I discovered that the gabapentin I had all the time is a miracle! right now I am should be in bed in misery. This is my 5th day with only having 10mgs in the morning, and by the 2nd day I couldn't get out of bed and I knew I was in for it and for some reason I thought about the Gabapentin, so I googled it and to my amazement they are having clinical trials with it for opiate withdrawal! so I emediatly started my own trial and took 900mgs and within 2hrs I felt amazing! I have been taking 900mgs twice a day and right now I am cooking and getting ready for home depot! anybody that has to go thru withdrawal should get gabapentin if at all possible. Doctors usaually have no problem prescribing it because it is pretty safe and they would rather do that than to keep perscribng opiates.i cannot say enough how this has worked.i wanted to put this out there because I truly feel for anybody going thru withdrawl,it is hell on earth.
post replypost new topic