post replypost new topic
1st Time Going To Clinic

Posted: April 8, 2015, 9:16 PM
I am going to the clinic for the 1st time tomorrow. Is there any way that I will be able to dose on this 1st visit? I've been on H for 5 years, and oxy 7 years before that, percs etc... before that. I am really hoping that they might give me a reduced dose or something because i can't take being sick anymore. should I just come out and tell them that I am seriously at the end of my rope or not? Suboxone worked for me in the past, but once I started with dope that went out the window. It doesn't even take the electricity out of my teeth anymore let alone the real withdrawl symptoms.
ANY help with my questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks for takingthe timeto read...

Posted: April 9, 2015, 10:54 AM
Some one once gave me the advice to show up at the methadone clinic when your going into withdrawals. Make sure you have VISIBLE symptoms of withdrawal that the prescribing doctor can SEE.
***Sidenote: make sure doctor will be seeing you on the day and time you go in cause I've seen plenty of ppl come in like this only to be told the doctor is only in one day a week and they get told to come back later!!! (<<<<my last clinic sucked though.)

When the doctor sees this they will prescribe starting dose depending on your level of usage (amount, time used, risk factors) etc.
If its a good clinic you should get medicated your 1st day. But expect to be there a while(or at least I was) because they have to evaluate you which can take hours. (yeah it sucks filling out tons of paperwork when your withdrawing but its worth it)

Good luck.

Posted: April 9, 2015, 8:01 PM
Cincinatus81,
If you go to a CARF certified clinic you will get dosed the same day. The clinic I attend changed their policies a few years ago to where you are dosed in less than 4 hours the first day, followed by intake over the next couple of days.

Our clinics (in Calif) have what's called PAAG (Patients Advisory and Advocacy Group) which consists of members from each clinic who are patients. PAAG members give advice and input to the staff at their clinics and/or the corporate office, which in turn can make the changes like what I just mentioned. Who better to know if things could be better than a patient?

Patients had told them how hard it was to make the decision to come to the clinic and how hard it is to sit there for hours waiting to be dosed especially when you are dope-sick, waiting for them to get paperwork done. (My first time it was like 6-7 hours before I got dosed) As it was said, they dose you on how much you used daily, but usually don't start you on more than 35-40mg. It all depends on a group of things, starting with how you handle the methadone. It also depends on your drug use history & your number of detox failures.
You may decide you want just a detox....a number are available usually, a 21 day, a 90 day, or180 days. Or maintenance.

good luck.

granny

good luck

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on April 9, 2015, 8:01 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic