post replypost new topic
Trying To Detox, And Advice/tips Are Welcome

Posted: March 12, 2015, 9:04 PM
Hello, this is my third stint on methadone. I have severe social anxiety so I started taking painkillers because they made me more social, more outgoing and I felt more alive. Well after about three or four years of getting high every single day I lost my connect (doctor that I was lieing too, I had surgery and was in major pain at one time but that had mostly gone away) he found out from another doctor that I was looking into going on Suboxone but I couldn't afford it so I was planning on selling my pain meds-so he let me go.
I have cold turkey off 140 mg, got incredible sick, s*** on myself, threw up on myself, became psychotic, ended up in hospital mental ward got clean over an agonizing 30-40 day period. Some days I couldn't walk without a cane, I'm EXTREMLEY clean and would lie in bed with vomit droping down the side of my face, had zero self esteem, was lost and hopeless. Eventually things got better, Lost about 60 pounds started to get my energy back.
Unfortunately I came across about $1400, I baught street Herron and oxy. I should of just quit the OXY but I decided to go back in the methadone and now I am at 210 mg and it's not helping with cravings, not lasting the full 24 hrs, etc. but in this last year I was able to get a job and a promotion, gain freindship , get my license and become the most stable I've been in a long time. But I've also gained about 75 pounds, I don't want to sound superficial, but this isn't me...I can't find clothing that fits, I used to be fit...in this last 6 months I've worked out daily, rigorously and ate a clean diet. NO luck. Also the clinic now says I can't take my and anxiety medicine of ten years with my methadone. Well, my mental health comes first. So I gotta leave this place.
Also I've also detox from 170 mg with the aid of OC, which was still bad-but no biggie.
My plan is to get to 40 mg and enter a detox.
But I'm not doing 4 mg decrease a week or 8 mg a week I'm doing 15 mg at a minimum a week. I want this over with.
I know clonidine works wonders, I didn't have it last time I'm not sure what else works for RLS? Also besides Ambien anything for sleeping? Please hlp I'm desperate. Throw out any suggestions that are legit. Anything out there for energy? I know about the Imodium does anyone know the correct dose? Thanks guys and ladies. Any help would be great appreciated thank you so much
Steve

Posted: March 14, 2015, 1:14 PM
First post here, so hope I'm not breaking any rules

But have you guys ever tried using kratom to get off methadone?
I am coming off of 120mg/day, taking about 10mg/day now, and it's been a week since the drop to 10/day, and while taking kratom, it has been so much easier than dropping with nothing. Plus I've been taking 1a day vitamins and l-theanine capsules, that is to help relax your mood, most states have no regulations on kratom, I think Alabama has it banned, but if your not in Al, I HIGHLY reccomend red vein indo kratom to help, it truly is a miracle for people going through what we are.plus, kratom really helps with any pains you have coming off mdone.

I can say without a doubt I don't think I could do this without it. The first 2 days weren't the easiest, but I know how much worse it is going without anything at all.

Hope this helps!
Steve

Posted: March 14, 2015, 1:18 PM
And yes, the kratom does help give u energy, do a little research if you're skeptical, I'm glad I did!

Posted: March 17, 2015, 4:15 PM
SouthSeattle,
I am so sorry you are going through all this. Our clinic is pretty tight on using benzos while you are on methadone but they cant stop it. They can however let your doctor know that you are not taking them exactly as prescribed and if you don't comply with clinic rules you can be asked to leave.

Using benzos, especially if you are taking more than prescribed, you are putting your life in danger. I'd say 90% of the patients at our clinic who are prescribed benzodiazapines for anxiety by their outside doctors abuse them and that's why the clinic has a problem with it. You are taking something that when added with methadone can kill you because you take more than the prescribed dose.

There is a gal at our clinic who is going through all kinds of problems with staff and the doctor because she has a legitimate need for using the anti-anxiety meds, but when she has her pill count she has pills missing and she knows she took extras but she blames the clinic for all her problems and says they are trying to "control her."

There is a medicine called propranolol.
(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE DRUG THAT KILLED MICHAEL JACKSON.)

It is non-addicting and can be prescribed to help with anxiety. Look into that?

good luck!

granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic