post replypost new topic
Granny...mollyjean Update

Posted: March 1, 2015, 10:03 PM
Wow I have not been here in a very long time.I started out here on the PP side years ago and I thought that this site would always be one of the most important things I had in my life.....

I must admit when I still wasn't ready to get real it was a place I came to hide in.
However I belive ita now 4 years since I finally said enough.I knew just knew I was done.Done with the lies and pretending,done with thinking I knew everything...just done.So I got on the waiting list and began taking methodone(at a clinic)
There was a time years ago I took it to "get high"but Im proud to say that just was not the case when I decided to go to a clinic,

I realized somehow through my madness that I had to give up my control I THOUGHT I had and let someone else drive "the bus"and direct me the right way.

The last I think I posted is about 4-5 mths ago when I lost my beautiful husband to cancer,He was only 48 and I still miss him so much and still cry everyday...but you know what...I know its all normal.Its all part of a grieving process I must go through.
Im not sure why,"higher power"meetings,family support,,,allf that I think has helped me NOT USE.Yes I am so very proud to say that.Because yes Ive thought about it often these past mths.But thankfully I have some tools and deyermination just to keep on keeping om.

The only real update for me is I have gotten a part time job which Im to start this coming week.\

My update is just that I guess and to show that methodone if used the proper way,and other things such as meetings(which I never allowed myself)to get into.But methodone can and is what has helped me.I know theres such a bad reputation methodone has,but its not the drug that is the "bad" part its those who use or abuse it.

I guess I just get tired of others putting down something that Im sure has helped many people besides me.So that's my update...I don't know when Ill be back here again but I look in and read from time to time and wish all those who are struggling well.And pray that you find your way out of the darkness no matter how you get it

Take Care...mj

Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:34 PM
Hi MJ!!
It is so good to hear from you. After being here for this long you get attached to the people and wonder how they are. I am glad you are doing well and that methadone has helped you on your journey.
Since the methadone board was added there have been some interesting comments and stories which is what I had wanted from the beginning. A place where heroin/opiate addicts could come and talk about methadone whether it be good or bad.

I really miss the old timers...like Jack, who I could count on to come in with their advice and extreme knowledge about methadone. I can only dream of having as much knowledge as he has. I love the fact that people come and tell us how they are doing whether it is good or bad...we need to hear it. and if congrats are in order, or not, let them hear what we have to say or for us to listen to their stories of recovery or relapse.

Take care and don't be a stranger.

granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic