post replypost new topic
I Wish I Would've Known Then What I Know Now!!!!

Posted: February 17, 2015, 3:46 PM
i would just like some input on switching from 60 mg. of methadone to suboxone or subutex and if it's better to switch from one or the other. i know the naloxone does not agree with methadone at all, but don't know about subutex. dosing out of my clinic the way they say is the best would take me 60 weeks and i don't want to do that. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SOME FEEDBACK . i do know i took i suboxone after a 30 day discipline detox and it was HORRIBLE so i am scared to death of that. i really want off this methadone though...thoughts please!!!! thanx soooooo much!!!

Posted: February 17, 2015, 5:08 PM

maybe try the suboxone board with your questions.
I don't know a lot about it but I believe you need to be down to a very low dose before you can begin taking suboxone or any of the others like it.

Good luck!!!

granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: March 5, 2015, 5:43 PM
lhunt717,
I am not sure if your getting your methadone and-soon-to-be suboxone from a doctor but at the methadone clinic I go to you have to decrease your methadone to at LEAST 30mg and to stop your methadone for at least two days (i think its two, that or three days). The reason for this i believe is that methadone and suboxone do NOT mix well in your body.

I have heard horror stories of people jumping from medium to high doses of methadone(60mg - 140mgs) to suboxone the same or next day. They claimed that was a BAD idea, they got incredibly sick to the point where some thought they were dying!

So yeah I hope for your sake your having a medical professional help you transition between the two.
Good luck and BE CAREFUL!

This post has been edited by pastcutter33 on March 5, 2015, 5:45 PM

Posted: March 15, 2015, 10:14 PM
Cold turkeys is hell but is the quickest way
post replypost new topic