post replypost new topic
Extra Detox Tips!!

Posted: August 14, 2014, 4:00 AM
Hi all,

Withdrawal is not impossible. There are medications you can take.

Gabapentin, tramadol, vicodin, valium, diazepam do not overdose and seek medical advice this information is of my personal experiences. I came off at 13ml from 50ml at a monthly taper of 5ml that was comfortable for me to reduce at the rate that i did. The diazepam shuts down the brain, to allow it to start again. I found that using these for a week and a dose of positive thinking and before you know it, three days has passed then a week....and so one.

Try to eat 3 meals a day eat more protien veg fruit and plenty of water to hydrate yourself and flush this methadone out your system. AMERCIA IS GOING TO COLLAPSE!!! THEN WHAT YOU GOING TO DO. Immodium for the s***s and pepto for your stomach.

Get WELL Soon all
Suspect

--------------------
GOD SAVE BASS GENERATOR records.

Posted: August 15, 2014, 4:00 PM
hey there suspect.
I am thrilled you are doing well and we appreciate your input.

I know you mean well, but please be careful when suggesting various drugs (why vicodan? Its an opiate.) for people to use during a detox. If they are doing a supervised detox with their clinics help I highly doubt they are going to allow any or all of those drugs as a "help me to get through it". We don't want folks getting any of these meds illegally or have them being taken without their doctors or clinics knowledge to help them detox.

If they do a SLOW detox, as you have suggested with some OTC medications to help they should be OK. As you know it can be difficult but not impossible.
Anxiety is most definitely a big concern and while I do agree that meds that help with that, valium, Ativan, etc need to be CLOSELY monitored or you wind up with an addiction to them as well.

Also the diet you suggested is fantastic, staying hydrated is a big deal as well, its a great recommendation even if you aren't detoxing!!

granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on August 15, 2014, 4:05 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: August 15, 2014, 5:10 PM
Hi granny

Thank you for mentioning it afterall im not a doctor. I get lost in translation when writing.
and i could of been in trouble for making claims. I should put this is my personal experiences with how i quit for good. I will refrain from suggesting or giving cues that may cause harm to others.

I'll be three weeks this sunday ive probley mentioned it several times but i feel so empowered that the drug methadone no longer controls me. The first three days was the worst but after a week, things pick back up. This is the first time in my life that ive needed methadone. Positive it can change lives but i still dont think its the answer. In the uk you got to provide two positive samples to get methadone / subutex (suboxone). You then get a monthly appointment for your scripts and a keyworker. And if your lucky a cpn.

Thanks for all help.
I did it!!

Suspect

--------------------

Posted: August 16, 2014, 6:24 PM
Hi suspect ,

You are really a breath of fresh air on this site, I wish we had more of you. If you hadn't noticed, there's a poster, happy me, who has been on MMT for 4 years, and is now being forced into having to counsel etc for no apparent reason. Being from the UK as you are is there some sort of answer you can provide to her? I am clueless. I may be able to find something, maybe not.

Here in the states we are required in the beginning of treatment to go to a clinic daily for our doses. when wanting to get on the program for a detox you must have a positive u/a for opiates and can begin a 21 day or up to 180 days. For MMT, you have to prove you have failed at least 2 detox attempts.
If you go on MMT, After about 3-6 mos you can start talking with your counselors to get "take-homes" ,usually one at a time, so after approx. 1 year you can get as many as 6, meaning you have to come once a week to pick up your 6 bottles. Of course there are requirements, ..... clean urine tests, having a job etc, among other things. Some clinics allow 30 days. Most folks don't get them and don't qualify because they aren't doing what the program is intended for. That is another story.
We are also required to have 50 minutes of counseling each month with a counselor employed by our clinic. If you are on state aid you are required to counsel every week for 50 minutes per session.

I am a methadone advocate and am also a member of PAAG (Patients Advisory and Advocacy Group) a group created by our corporate office. I volunteer my time at our clinic every week by chairing a Keys 2 Recovery meeting, along with my husband, for any patient at our clinic who cares to attend. This group was also created by the corporate office who owns all of the 24 clinics here in California.

Since my first time in detox, around 1985??, I have heard so many conflicting things about methadone. Since getting clean and becoming more intimately involved, the stigma surrounding it has been a burr in my behind.

The stigma attached to methadone has to be stopped! Education is the key and we need anyone and everyone who has been on methadone to get on board to speak up so that people will know that if you work the program and use the program the way it is supposed to be used you can life a life free of opiates. There are SO MANY people that bad mouth it and repeat the lies they hear. One of my favorites is how it keeps them tethered to the clinic and they have no freedom. Maybe in the very beginning, but that is understandable. What kind of shape are we in when we first begin methadone?? Does anyone remember??? I do. We were barely able to get to the clinic to get our doses, but every day got better and better. After a bit I felt good enough to look for work and things just started falling into place. But it takes time and the desire to have a better life..... And doing the work that it takes to get there.

For those who think it tethers you to your clinic, of course in the beginning it will and the longer your addiction the longer it may take to get to a certain place, it wont happen overnight. It takes time and commitment from you.
I just got back from a 2 week vacation and I didn't go to a clinic once! I even got 2 more days added to the take-homes I already needed in case I didn't get back when I planned to. 5 years ago I went on a cruise to Alaska. How has being on methadone stopped me from living my life??

I had to go to court on 2 separate occasions when I needed to get guardianship of my grandchildren. I got one in October 2011 and one in February 2012. Did methadone stop me from accomplishing that??? NO. Did the courts deny me that? NO. And believe me, they asked.
I own my home, I am retired and I am raising 2 teenagers. Without methadone I wouldn't be doing ANY OF IT.

So, now that I have gone completely off topic that's my b**** for the day. LOL. But its the truth.

Anything you can add to how things are in your neck of the woods would be appreciated.

granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: August 16, 2014, 7:20 PM
HI granny.

If I were to get back onto methadone. I need to fail 2 urine samples which is either prescribed by certain doctors or gp's over here. I would then see a keyworker for counciling weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Then its daily pickup unless its closed or bank holiday youll get to take the extra bottles.

In the uk, the stigma is pretty high as there is no education on methadone it is most certainly a 'taboo' topic. At prescribing the gp doesnt discuss other treatment options. Ive seen my keyworker for ages now and has not done anywork with me and i got so fustrated at this. I was a lone ranger doing detox myself. They rather psychologically help than use expensive detox centres.... then again theres the jerry kyle show!! Haha. I loathe that man. He is a well rehersed prick.

Again all those that dismiss methadone - keep an open mind or get your questions answered on the board - we'ved lived that life. All we doing is helping those that are going though same or similar situations. In my case after i had methadone i'd be nodding off drowsy from it and the repetiveness of reapeated visits. It was fustrating. I never felt in control rather it controlled me.

I hope your all ok and doing well. Thanks for reply granny.
Best wishes all
Suspect

This post has been edited by suspectdj on August 16, 2014, 7:25 PM

--------------------
post replypost new topic