post replypost new topic
Good Things Do Happen!

Posted: August 13, 2014, 8:47 PM
I have not had a valid driver's licence since 2001. But i did drive for a long period of time without a licence. Hey i was willing to do whatever it took to fuel my drug habit. Jail, no problem. My son, without his mother, no problem. Today things are different. I do give a s*** if i go to jail or not. So after many, many ,months and taking care of legal issues(cause i did get caught driving) i now have a new permit with the right address on it. (I never put the right address on anything, for fear of the cops knocking at my door). It takes time to dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself in, but it does get better. Believe me, I have lost everything and more, but it does get better with time, i promise. Hope is a beautiful thing people. Never give up!

This post has been edited by girltoday on August 13, 2014, 10:20 PM

Posted: August 15, 2014, 4:22 PM
CONGRATS JESSICA!!!!!!

It's amazing what freedoms being clean gives you. No more hiding when police drive by, no more having warrants from not showing up for court, the list is endless.

Ya know, the other day I went grocery shopping and when I got outside to my truck I realized I had a case of bottled water under the cart that I forgotten to pay for.

I finished loading the groceries in the truck and went back in the store and paid for it. $2.48 + CRV, for a grand total of $3.60. The gal behind the counter was more than a bit surprised.

If this had happened while I was using, my brain would be thinking," hey it's their fault for missing it in the first place! They won't even miss it. It's just a case of bottled water. Too bad for them."

Even if I felt a little guilty, I may not have gone back and paid for it. Truthfully, probably not because I wouldn't even have $3.60 to buy water. That money would have gone into my arm.

Being a heroin addict sucked.
Being clean with the help of methadone? PRICELESS.

GRANNY

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: August 15, 2014, 5:37 PM
$3.60 FOR a bottle of water!!!!!!!

ME IS A SHOCKED SUSPECT!!!!

--------------------
GOD SAVE BASS GENERATOR records.
post replypost new topic