post replypost new topic
Geting Off Methadone
bella

Posted: August 11, 2014, 12:09 PM
Hi im bella 29 been on methadone since june 18 im on 50 i told my consler i want to start going down 5 not sure every week or what I have no idea I am very very new at this methadone treatment thing please somebody help please

Posted: August 11, 2014, 6:24 PM
Hi Bella,
Because I don't know how long you were addicted to opiates it would be hard for me to tell you anything. You have only been on methadone for a couple months. I really don't think that that is long enough to really do much for you aside from keeping you clean.
Are you on a 21 day or 180 day detox or are you on maintenance? Answering that question would help me a lot.

One thing I can say is, regardless of how long you have been on methadone no detox should be done quickly. Please read some of the posts from other people who have successfully detoxed. Some had a hard time and some didn't, its all on how you deal with it and the length of your addiction and time on methadone. Staying hydrated is key, and having a plan and having support from your counselor and friends and family.

You didn't get addicted overnight, you took the time, it seems, to use methadone as it is supposed to be used, now take however much time it takes for you and your body to detox from it. One day at a time, slowly, like one poster said even ONE MG a month. Nothing is set in stone, it is whatever you can handle.

good luck, we are all here for you.

granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on August 11, 2014, 6:29 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic