post replypost new topic
Want To Go Back Methadone Or Do I?

Posted: May 15, 2014, 2:23 PM
I was on a methadone clinic for 12 years. I went off after a problem, cold turkey. I went for months with no sleep ,throwing up , pretty much at brink of death. My husband and I separated then and now 8 years later getting divorced. He was on the clinic too, but was kicked off because the clinic was afraid he would share his methadone with me. We lived through it but still have problems with chronic pain and opiate addiction. Now I wonder am I crazy for thinking about going back.Been on the waiting list for 2 years. I could go on clinic now but can"t forget how close to death I came during the withdrawal. I would rather be on a pain management clinic, but am having hard time getting on one. So please send any and all advice.

Posted: May 15, 2014, 5:29 PM
Bond,
Why in the world would you not go back on methadone? Were you clean during those 12 years?? Do you think taking prescription pills is the answer?
I am sorry you had such a bad time of it the last time but addiction to pain pills WILL kill you. It's no wonder you went through hell detoxing cold turkey after that long????

You should try again. Especially if this is for the pain you say you have and you are addicted to opiates. Go to an ACCREDITED CLINIC and follow the rules. Talk to your counselor there, be honest with your doctor and theirs. If you do the program the right way and if you so decide,later do a SLOW medically supervised detox. And, it may be that you should be on methadone for life. Some of us have to do that and that's OK.That is something you and your doctors will have to decide. What is best for you physically, medically and emotionally.

Please let us know how you are doing, we have been there.

granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on May 15, 2014, 5:34 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic