post replypost new topic
2nd Christmas

Posted: December 12, 2006, 3:09 PM
well its been 19 months and i'm still clean. its nice to have another christmas that i'll be clean for. its great to have money for presents for my kids. last year i went crazy and its going to happen againthis year. i spent so mucha nd got them everything possible. its amazing the feeling i get from buying gifts fo rmy kids and not worring about being broke and not being able to buy dope so i won't be sick. i' so happy i don't have to skimp out on toys for them so i'll have dope funds. they deserve so much and it feels so good to give them all i can.

2nd christmas clean is my big milestone. hell every month is a milestone, even little ones count. but its the big ones that really make me feel great.

hope everyone has a great clean christmas.
raerae

This post has been edited by raerae on December 12, 2006, 3:09 PM

--------------------
Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.
- Ann Landers

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Dr. Alexis Carrel.

Posted: January 4, 2007, 2:23 AM
im soooooooooooooooo happy for you rae rae..lov you huddles poopie

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..
raerae

Posted: April 14, 2008, 12:05 PM
wow, i cant believe its april 2008 i have three years clean!!! its been a hard road, but i'm thankful for every step.

here is to all of us!!

raerae

Posted: July 15, 2008, 12:36 PM
Congratulations!!!
I know I'll be there one day.
God bless! and stay safe!!

--------------------
*"Don't worry that children never listen to you. Worry that they are always watching you."
*"Life is like a ten-speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use."
*""As long as you believe what you're doing is meaningful, you can cut through fear and exhaustion and take the next step." –
God bless, be safe!!!!
Kathy

Posted: September 6, 2008, 8:39 PM
Good for you rae rae!!! I usually post on the families board. My duaughter is a heroin addict and I pray that 1 day she will also have 3 yrs. clean. You answered my post about 4 yrs. ago when I just found out she was using heroin. She is now an IV user, she was just snorting when u answered my post. Anyway she has a few weeks clean and is living at home with me again.
Love and hope to you and your family.

Posted: October 9, 2008, 11:51 AM
oh i'm so glad tohear she is doing well, i hope she has made it through all the rough days from the kick. i have about 3 1/2 yrs now, which is great but i still don't celebrate. its always one day away. 13yrs of this s*** has taught me soooooooo much. anyways, i hope the best to you and you daughter.

much luv
raerae

--------------------
Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.
- Ann Landers

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Dr. Alexis Carrel.

Posted: December 31, 2008, 12:45 PM
Congratulations to you raerae. It is my first time to this board and when i read success stories like yours recovering from addiction, i keep hoping i will be as successful as you are.

The fact that you say that you now have money for your children just touched my heart. I have been addicted to pot for more than 25 years and i want to quit now. I have nephews and a niece i haven't seen in many many years cuz they live really really far in another country and i never have the money to go and visit them or to buy them plane tickets so they can come and visit me.

I smoked everyday. Morning and night and sometimes at noon. I am going crazy here this morning. I haven't smoked a joint for the last two hours whereby before i would certainly have smoked three by now. I went to the store and got some cigarettes. I haven't smoked cigarettes in three years and this morning i had one. It was just like i had never stopped. I know it is stupid to replace one addiciton with other,but i just can't help myself and plus there is nothing in the house i could smoke cuz if it were here i think i would have rolled a joint by now.
Hubbie will be home soon and i know he has some on him. This being the last day of the year, i will be tempted to roll a joint to celebrate. But i don't want to do that and i already told hubbie that i was quitting LAST NIGHT!

I'm so bored without my joint. I feel like there is nothing i want to do. I'm lonely and pot has always been my friend. He's gone. Do i ever wish i had never started smoking pot!

Thank you for reading me.

post replypost new topic