Silent Addiction

Posted: February 24, 2014, 11:16 PM
Hello All, I've always been a silent reader but today I decided to come out too the world after 3 yrs of Vicodin addiction. It all started from a car accident that left me with 2 herniated discs in my neck and 3 in my lumbar spine with 2 pinched nerves. The first 6 months I took it as prescribed and then as time passed I started increasing my dosage over time. 3 days ago I was taking up to 20-25 pills a day. I'm surprised I'm still alive and breathing! I started forgetting who I was I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection it was me on the outside but not within. No one knows about my addiction I've kept it hidden very well. But I knew I was changing I didn't want to do anything any more couldn't get out of bed without popping one. Enough was enough I'm almost at the end of day 3 being clean! The first two days was really bad I couldn't get out of bed, couldn't eat, I was getting hot and cold sweats, creepy skin, diarrhea you name it. Today the only symptom I have is not being able to sleep and no energy but I'm proud of myself that I made it this far! I'm only 30yrs old I have so much more to live and didn't want to be prisoner by a pill!! With all the money I spent with the pain management once a month and the streets I could have done so much other things. I made this decision firstly for me and secondly for my son! I don't want to be a pill addicted mother! Wednesday I have my monthly pain management appt but I called and canceled it! I'm not going back! This is it! But I do have one question when will I get my sleeping pattern back and my energy? I've only slept 5hrs total in the past 3 days. I just want to sleep through the night.