Day #2 - Getting Off Subutex -- Help 911

Posted: April 16, 2013, 3:19 AM
My story is I was addicted to Vicodin for almost 4 years because I got into a bad car accident. Instead of doing the proper rehabilitation, my doctor kept me on the highest dosages of painkillers possible. When I went to my doctor after about six months and I knew it was getting out of control my doctor told me that His job was to prescribe it--not get me off of it!!?? It's been an extremely long and excruciating road. Funny enough my husband who I have been with for 12 years, who is been on this rocky road with me for the past six years, is an undercover narcotics agent. Needless to say, because of his conflicts of interest, and ethical obligation to his job, he has not been by my side through this whole process. He is the furthest from an addict. He believes, and to be quite frank, he is in control of his whole life, he is good at everything. And it's just one of those cases, where he just doesn't understand! Addicts and alcoholics are a different breed. If you are with someone who is not an addict or an alcoholic, then they will never understand what you're going through. It does not make them bad...they believe you can just stop with your own free will. But the hospitals don't call addiction a disease, just because it sounds good. They call it a disease because it is in-curable, and it does not go away. You can be treated for it and move on in life, but an addict and alcoholic, is an addict and alcoholic. So...here I am now-- six years later I want to get pregnant. I'm having a really hard time getting off the Subutex. I have been on Suboxone and subutex for about three years,. My husband has stayed with me even though he doesn't understand, but will not have a baby with me unless I get off. Honestly, I wanted to have a baby for so long, I know it sounds funny, but I believe God put me on this earth to be a mother. I'm 32 years old, and now has to be the time.. Ive tried hundreds of times to quit the Subutex/ Suboxone. Each time I got down to minimal milligrams, but have had a huge fear of not having it a part of my life anymore. And a huge fear of the withdrawal, because I suffered so badly getting off of Vicodin. I have to do this, I have to do this! I don't have any support from anyone around me. I don't have many friends and I'm far from my family. I hope and pray that God gives me the strength to finally just kick the meds. I'm writing on here in hopes that people will read this and share with me every and all of your secrets that helped you guys kick the Suboxone and Subutex. I am in desperate need to change my life. I am stuck, andI need your help to start my life again. Please.. God bless
Angl777

On day #2
Prescribed dose- 8mg-->2.5 x daily - 20 mg daily

CURRENT DOSAGE
day 2 ---> .4mg--->2 x daily - -8mg daily

Feeling wrestles, achy bones, chest is heavy, I can feel cramps coming!!

But for the most part bearable - any ideas please PLEASE write...

Love, ANGL777