Suboxone Taper Avice???..running Out Of Time
Posted: May 9, 2017, 6:25 PM

I just posed this same thing in another section before I realized it was better to just do this...

getting off suboxone has been the worst experience of my life. I also sit in my room any cry at least once a day lately .. I'm 32 yrs old and have battled an opiate addiction for almost half of my life. I am alone for the most part no friends minimal family and only one person I can talk to about it .. it was so much easier coming off harder drugs than it has been suboxone. and I can honestly say more than anything in my life right now I no longer want to be dependent on ANYTHING!!! ive read so many taper plans and methods but someone please tell me how to I measure mg of a pill in crumbs????. ive been on subs for almost 10 months I'm down to 2 mg a day I crave the little bit of energy that I get and that is what makes me take it every day. I know I a skip a day and still be able to go to work but without the subs I'm dragging a**. does anyone have any advice that could help please. anything would be appreciated. oh and I buy them on the street so I have no dr to help me.. and my connect is no longer an option.. hence the semi freaking out

Posted: May 11, 2017, 12:43 PM

Hey bud. The pills were difficult to cut up. But just cut them in half until late they are chopped to 1mg.and less. But try 1mg. Pot is good for the depression if you get depressed. Hang in there.
Posted: May 11, 2017, 4:23 PM

Hey thanks for the advice.. I smoke pot regularly.. I have a xanax im saving for when i cant stand it anymore and i also have tramadol.. Today was the first day i went to work on only the 1mg of sub i took yesterday @ 9am. And 3 tramadol and i didn't feel great but i did it and Ive veen reading more and more and i see that ppl who stop subs when down to the 1 mg point i read its not so bad. So i am much more helpful of my future.

Are u on subs or have u gotten off?? How did that work for u? Btw first time ever posting or asking or talking to someone about this online..
Posted: May 11, 2017, 8:34 PM

Hey Jesus. I'm glad you reached out online. I found it helpful very helpful in my recovery. Ya I'm almost off subs.I've been down to 2 mg and less for the last 2 months. I started at 12 mg for the first 3 days and dropped down to 2 in 3 weeks. So I'm hoping to be free real soon, ya.
Posted: May 12, 2017, 9:55 AM

Thank you so much for conversing with me about this it has definitely helped me have a positive outlook for what is next to come. In the last 10 months that I have been on the subs the most of ever taken in one day was 8 milligrams and that was only once I usually would stay around 4 mg a day but now im down to 1-2 mg a day. So I skipped my dose yesterday and when I woke up this morning I felt like I wanted to die and I feel like because I skipped a dose it took twice as long and twice as much for me to get right do you happen to know if it's better to skip a dose or even just take a small dose on the days that I don't think I need it just to keep it in my system .. Had to take 3 mg this morning... do you have any experience with tha whst state do u live in if u dont mind me asking
Posted: May 17, 2017, 3:43 AM

Hi Jesss. My last post the spellchecker changed your name to Jesus. Lol Anyway how are you? That's good you can sleep. At this point you have to skip days. Suboxone stays in your system for so long that skipping one day shouldn't matter cause the previous days are still in your system. It's OK though to take your time and if you don't want to skip a day yet to take a small amount. Subs are very effective at small doses and you should feel relief quickly. I'm not in the states I'm north of you. Ýour doing great , it's got to be a big life change you did. The first couple months must have been tough eh. We're they? Why did you stop using?
Posted: May 17, 2017, 6:55 AM

Hey .. Well today is the 5th day of no subs.. I had some perks so i used them.. Not feeli g that great but i feel like after 5 days y go back to subs now.. I still have a couple subs ledt if i need it. But im kinda proud of myself even though i feel like s***.. I stoped using because ive battled this problem for over 10 years and im over it i dont want to wake up every day dependant on something. Y did u stop..
Posted: May 17, 2017, 8:14 AM

Hey brandon sorry i was half asleep when i wrote my last message.. I did have to take a piece of sub today i was scard id go into with drawls because i took perks yesterday.
But i didnt thank god. I thought i could take perks to get off the worst part of sub detox.. I was wrong i took 10 steps back.
I just want to b done with this im ready to start my life.. My goal is to b clean by my bad which is in july.. I have enough sub to last another 2 weeks i think i can strecth it that long lol..

How r u feeling hows ur detox going? Are u still at the same mg a day?
Posted: May 17, 2017, 1:41 PM

Hi jesss good to hear your doing well. 5 days is a long time that's awsome. I hear ya on wanting your life back and every day no matter what having to hunt down H. It's just wasn't natural to be controlled by it. I guess it's not how we want our story to end.
I'm getting better, a little depressed low energy feel weak can't sleep well. The usual. But if this site was the sick room we would see that we're all slowly getting better, together. Thanks for your support it really helps me.
Posted: May 17, 2017, 3:03 PM

Im sorry to hear about u being depressrd and stuff. But this site is good cause we can share our similar stories and not feel so alone.. So thanks for ur support it really does help me.. How much longer till u think u will be off completly? U r doing great even though u dont feel great lol im in the same boat as u..
Posted: May 17, 2017, 6:33 PM

Hi jesss thanks. I do know everything in life will get better in time. Same with everyone. Time does heal.. I'm hoping a week or two.I could of been done with it all but I failed a bit here and there. Now I know it's time for me. I'll never go back. Its great we all can help each other along. It's a blessing to have.thanks jesss..
Posted: May 22, 2017, 8:08 AM

http://americanaddictioncenters.org/suboxone/
  top of page  Top