post replypost new topic
Side Effects Of Suboxone

Posted: January 2, 2017, 11:28 AM
My husband is currently in recovery and taking Suboxone. I struggle with some of the side effects being the same as when he was using Heroin...ie small pupils, excess energy. He "looks" the same as when he was using. How am I supposed to know if its really the Suboxone or if he's using again if I can't tell the difference? Anyone else experience this and if so, how do you deal with it?

Thanks in advance
Bagger

Posted: January 3, 2017, 12:20 PM
As a suboxone addict the past 4 years I can relate a few side effects I know stem from them. Within the hour after taking Suboxone I have an abundant amount of energy and feel very motivated. If I take a large dose that motivation falls away faster and I get drowsy shortly after. If he is taking more than the doctor has recommended I would imagine the side effects from both drugs would be very similar. Also if I take large amounts of suboxone I toss and turn more during the night taking a pee more frequently and generally not getting the good REM sleep I need. Since Suboxone reduces my testosterone levels I also have multiple side effects that come with that like having a short temper, getting annoyed easily, and becoming scatter brained easily. I would say if he is running out of Suboxone early then there is a good chance he is staying clean. If he has extra by the time he should be getting his next prescription filled I would guess he is using again. I wish I had better insight on the side effects part of your question but a good sign would be if he isn't hiding his suboxone stash. Hope this helps some
post replypost new topic