post replypost new topic
Tapering Off Suboxone For Good.
Desperate recovering addict

Posted: November 27, 2016, 2:45 PM
Hello, I've been using suboxone for about 2-3 Months.. I've been taking 2-4 mg of suboxone for about 5-7 days a week for the 2-3 months. I want to taper off and go back to my real self and not need a chemical to make me function normally. I have a job and goto school so can't goto a detox or a rehab. I have 2 weeks to try and get the withdrawals bareable enough in order to wake up in the morning and not feel like s***. Since I haven't been using them for that long. I thought that the withdrawals wouldn't been too bad if I did a correct taper. If anyone could please help me with some info it would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much for any feedback or advice you can give me. And if there are any questions based on information I possibly could have left out feel free to ask. I just want to be free of this chemical and be my real self again. I've had years sober before and I was happy then and bc of a horrible injury I sustained I was put back on opiates which I got addicted to and switched suboxone. Plain and simple I just want to be free from this chemical and be happy again. Please help if you can thank you.
Peduncles

Posted: November 29, 2016, 7:56 AM
Hello there! Withdrawal from suboxene is not possible to be completed within just two weeks.

Here is the timeline of suboxene withdrawal from americanaddictioncenters.org:
"Symptoms are the worst in the first 72 hours of Suboxone withdrawal. This is when most physical symptoms are experienced. Then, in the first week after discontinuation of Suboxone, symptoms generally subside to general aches and pains in the body, as well as insomnia and mood swings.

After the second week, depression is the biggest symptom. After one month, users will likely still be experiencing intense cravings and depression. This is the most delicate time after stopping Suboxone use, as users have a great potential for relapse.

As such, the timeline for Suboxone withdrawal is as follows:

72 hours: Physical symptoms at their worst
1 week: Bodily aches and pains, insomnia, and mood swings
2 weeks: Depression
1 month: Cravings and depression"

As you may notice, withdrawal from suboxene is not possible within two weeks. Moreover, you can't do it alone because it is very dangerous. You need to have a support system to help you go through the withdrawal process. I know that you badly want to get back to your old self and do the things that the clean you often do. And it is hard to imagine yourself going to this process. But I want you to understand that getting clean is not a magic wish that can be fulfilled in just a snap of a finger. It takes time, commitment, dedication and promise. You should also ask for the help of experts.

I hope that somehow I helped in answering your question. Give me updates.

This post has been edited by moderator on November 29, 2016, 11:01 AM
HighThere

Posted: November 29, 2016, 12:21 PM
90% mental. You need to be determined. Like...the most determined you have ever been. Anything is possible. The brain is very powerful. 20 days off subs today. Everything is a choice. Deal with temporary pain and discomfort to achieve freedom from subs and each day will get better. Make goals. Switch your thinking from negative to positive. Its hard, but anything is possible. Oh and be open about it. Support system is pretty crucial. You can only succeed when you do it for yourself.
post replypost new topic