post replypost new topic
New - Suboxone Withdrawal Question

Posted: October 1, 2016, 6:48 PM
Hi, new member here. Hopefully, I'm posting in the right place, but I'd appreciate any thoughts.

My son had a few psychotic breaks as a teenager, was diagnosed with major depression with psychotic features, and was put on meds that have kept him mostly stable for the past 6/7 years.

After his diagnosis, he developed an opiate addiction - he said it was the only thing that ever made him feel normal. I'm guessing that's a common thought.

Long story short, he started a suboxone program not because he wanted to get clean, but because he could no longer get opiates. For the past 5/6 years, he's taken 2.5 8/2 subs/day along with klonopin and his anti-psychotic.

He had some problems this past year with symptoms coming back, and in the middle of it all pretty much quit the suboxone & klonopin at those high dosages cold turkey. He became paranoid/delusional and ended up in the hospital.

They got him stable enough to come home, but it's a daily struggle to get him to take his meds, paranoia is gone, but his delusions are now grandiose and he totally believes them.

So, if you've read this entire thing, here is my question since my Google searches aren't bringing up much.

He's either went from someone who reacted well & fast to psychiatric meds to someone who's now drug resistant and from someone who recognized most of his symptoms to someone who can't recognize any.

It's been 33 days since he's had any subs or klonopin and he showed absolutely no physical withdrawals. I know that it's all very individual, but if anyone has any opinions, I'd love to hear them.

Similar stories would be great, although I'm guessing I won't get many.

post replypost new topic