post replypost new topic
Anyone Tackled The "can't Take A s***" Issue?

Posted: September 27, 2016, 5:52 PM
So I've been on subs for eight months and I gave begun the process of weaning off of them, but still am constipated immensely. I take miralax every other day to ease the side effects, but this still sucks. My doctor gave me Movantik, which was a joke, just had me withdrawing every time I took it. Anyone find relief through any other medication?

Posted: September 30, 2016, 12:30 AM
mineral oil - at your pharmacy, lots of water and walking?
more veggies and fruit, less bread pasta snack food

Posted: October 20, 2016, 8:50 AM
Probiotics work great. There is a new over the counter one that's even better called IB Guard. You can get it at walgreens , or cvs. It's either peppermint or spearmint oil in a pill . The researchers found that it activates your own body's probiotics bc they feed off of the oil in the pill and get your gut moving. It's cheap and doesn't have to be refrigerated . It's worked great for me in the past although now I drink an organic protein powder shake that's full of probiotics anyway, and as I've tapered the constipation gets better and better the lower I go. There is a serious relationship between gut problems and addiction that need to be addressed by Dr.s. Also try highly Alkaline water. If you can find someone near you with a Kangen water machine, they will gladly give you gallons if it bc they are trying to sell you a machine. Just don't buy the machine for them if it works for you. You can buy a used one on Ebay for 1/4 the price . Good luck tapering. It gets better. You are correct to be concerned about your gut. It is horrible for our bodies to be constipated. Toxic even .
sahara smiles

Posted: October 25, 2016, 10:18 PM
I suffered from the same and tried all kinds of stuff..Here is what worked best for me...
Miralax one cap full each day mixed with a large glass of Gatorade (mixing with the Gatorade allows the solution to taste tolerable--in fact you cam barely even taste the Miralax)
Repeat this every day along with drinking lots of water..It may take a couple of days for your first bowel movement, but they will start and you will feel totally relieved!! GOOD LUCK
post replypost new topic