post replypost new topic
Overusing Suboxone?
Momisaddict

Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:41 PM
Hello. I am new to this but I came here looking for help. My mother has been using suboxone now for 5 years. She was addicted to pain pills for years and years prior to using suboxone. I'm very concerned because she looks more zonked and out of in now than her worst days using drugs. She falls asleep constantly over counters, falls every night because she's constantly falling asleep while standing up. Please help educate me. She says this is normal and she just has a sleeping disorder. She's on 32mg suboxone/day. 5 years on it now. Do you guys experience this? IS she on too much? Why is the doctor prescribing her so much. She can't even function.
MassSpec

Posted: February 10, 2016, 10:21 PM
32 mg/day is an extremely high dose. In fact her body will be saturated at round about 20-24 mg/day. The rest is wasted on her. After 5 years?
If I were her I'd keep filling the 32 mg script but stockpile most of it. Taper down quickly to 16 mg/day, then slowly over a few months to 2-4 mg /day.
I've been on 3 mg/day for years. That's a normal dose. I found that under 5 mg/day I got much more energy back.
Good luck.

Posted: March 18, 2016, 7:53 AM
I agree. That dose is way too high after being on it for 5 years. She should have already started the tapering process a long time ago. I'm on 24 a day and only take 16/day I refuse to go any higher due to the effects suboxone has on me. Try and talk to her and express your concerns if you haven't already or maybe speak with her prescribing doctor about your concerns. I hope it will all work out. Take care & good luck.

Posted: March 18, 2016, 5:54 PM
shes over using
post replypost new topic