post replypost new topic
Doctor Stopped Script As No Shared Care Agreement

Posted: December 5, 2014, 6:32 PM
OK so I live in the UK and have been on heroin for almost 15 years (since I was 18) and then for the last 5 years I was on Subutex 16mg (2 x 8mg daily). Everything was great until I moved just outside London when I've suddenly been stopped by my doctor who cites a "lack of a shared care agreement" as the reason for stopping my prescription.

I've been stable for a long while. Originally I came out of prison in 2008 and whilst in there I developed a substantial Subutex habit due to befriending the dealer. It's easier to get drugs in there than outside if you have the money.

So the issue is that I work full time as a contractor. This means having to give 110% every day otherwise they will just hire someone else instead. Yet here I am - my last dose was Monday and it is Friday already. I am drinking myself stupid but the effects are blocking less of the withdrawals. I am so tempted to go back on the drugs. All I can see going through my head is me scoring drugs. I can use them to slow the withdrawal. So long as I don't inject I should be OK if I just smoke the heroin.

I feel overly emotional and all I want is it to stop. I emailed Turning Point yesterday but they haven't been in touch despite me pleading with them to do so. It's a joke when it is easier and more reliable to score drugs from the street than to receive a duty of care from my doctor. The last time I went through the shared care agreement, they discharged me into the care of my doctor because I worked long hours and they could do little to help my treatment as I was stable and not using. Now it feels like all I want to do is use.

Is there anything I can do? Anyone else live in the London area that knows if a doctor is supposed to keep treating me? Any way I can reduce the withdrawal? Last time I went a few days without (it happens a lot that a script is not written) and I did cold-water extraction of codeine but ended up overdosing on it. I went lobster red and nearly fainted. I think it was some kind of allergic reaction so I don't want that again.

Apart from getting drunk I know of no other way of coming off this drug and I curse the medical profession for letting a few isolated cases of people overdosing on prescription opiates causing it to become so paranoid. If someone commits suicide or overdoses, they'll just be written off as a junkie so the medical profession is shielded from any repercussions but let's see one of them manage a full blown withdrawal.

Bastards!
Varuka

Posted: December 5, 2014, 8:32 PM
I hate to hear that you do not have any medication, I have been on Suboxone for 6 years and lost my prescription last year so I had to go a week without medication. It was really hard and I smoked pot to help with the withdrawals. The withdrawals do not start really bad until about the 5th day, that is when it became unbearable for me so I tried hydrocodone and it did nothing because the chemical genetics are different so the hydro did not fill the receptors the same as the bup. If there is any way to obtain maybe two weeks worth of medication, maybe buy it from the street then I do have a theory on detox. Use one strip daily for 3 days then reduce to 3/4 for two days then reduce to 1/2 in two doses for 2 days. Now your energy level will suck but you will still have the receptors filled so the horrible leg withdrawals and body crawls will be reduced. So, you have seven days left on the plan to quit. on the 8th day take the 1/4 and half it one piece for afternoon and 1 piece for night, use that dosage for 2 days then reduce to the half of 1/4 for afternoon on the eleventh day. It is really hard to do this in two weeks because you are reducing the amount of medication that you are used to. For two days use the half of the 1/4th and then on the 13th day reduce it (if possible) to half of the half of the 1/4 and on the fourteenth day also take the 1/8 in the afternoon and that is the last dose. 6 1/2 strips or even tablets can be broke into 1/8 pieces. The withdrawals are still bad but they are not as intense for as long. I realize you are on subutex; however, I tried this process of reduction and made it,; however, when I went back to my doctor for one more script to finish my reduction they increased my medication so I fell back into the trap of just taking it so now I am back on two strips per day, but just because I chose to not take those final days of the withdrawal process, but if you can make it through it, it will be so worth it being off this gigantic demon that controls our lives. Good luck and if you try this and it works or does not work please get back to me by replying because I am also a psychologists that intends to work with detoxing bup patients after I am finally off this medication.
post replypost new topic