post replypost new topic
Help With Sub Taper

Posted: September 29, 2014, 4:21 PM
hello i am new here, i am i need of some help, it is day 28 with takeing 8 to 6 mg a day divide up, i need help with taper , if any one can help plses reply to me , thank you
Matt

Posted: October 1, 2014, 8:11 PM
Well whats your current dosage, and how many times a day do you take it? Also, do you still get cravings and if you do how many times a day? Also are you taking subutex or suboxone?

-Matt B
BBB3

Posted: October 13, 2014, 7:20 PM
I think I can give you some encouragement....there's enough bad news floating around these suboxone boards to make you want to give up but I'm here to tell you it can be done because I did it. And I wasn't on a six month plan, I was on a 7 year plan with no hope in sight. I went on sub in April of 2008, went cold turkey off 10mg in November of 2010(which I was begging my wife to either give a sub or shoot me...that's how bad it was). Got back on it in January of 2011 and had pretty much given up any hope of ever being free of this bulls***.

However, in August of 2013 my wife and I mapped out a taper that would hopefully end the next August. I would go down a half mg every two weeks until I thought I was ready to make the leap. I had a few times in there when the taper was tough and maybe went an extra week on that dose. To make a long story short, back in June I told my Dr he wouldn't see me again and I meant it. I made my way down to a half of a mg and set my date, took off work on a Thursday thru Monday and did it. The first day was not bad, second day was uncomfortable(anxiety, no sleep) third day felt flu like but made myself get up and do something, 4th day felt some lingering stuff but could tell my body was coming around and by the fifth day I felt like I had been reborn. I was so happy and emotional I would just cry thinking about this journey being over. Best feeling ever!!!

With that said, maybe some folks are mentally stronger than me and don't need help, but my wife was very important because she handed out the suboxone and I didn't know where it was. It's way too easy when U start feeling bad to take some because it makes you feel better. So for me having my wife keep it was the only way. Secondly, and if there's a worse cliche its this one, but you have to want to do it. The first time I did it I didn't want to, did it for other people. This time I was sick and tired of being at a pill's mercy.

So there you go. Maybe that makes you feel better, maybe not. I do know when I was going thru this it always helped to find a positive post on this subject. Good luck!!

Posted: February 26, 2015, 6:55 PM
Like any goal you need to answer the "why" are you pursuing it. With Subs many take to avoid withdrawals not quit using. The previous answer you got sums it up. It really is as easy that. If your "why" is strong the how becomes easy. If you want to stop using develop a taper and stick to it and when you get down to .25mg quit.
Michelle

Posted: March 4, 2015, 3:07 PM
If you're looking for a doctor in Glen Burnie, MD who specializes in suboxone taper, I know a good one. He's opening a new clinic in Glen Burnie called Allcare Treatment Services. He isn't open just yet, but he doesn't believe in suboxone maintenance. The number is 443-517-6552.
post replypost new topic