post replypost new topic
Suboxone/subutex Side Effect Quest
miss t

Posted: August 31, 2014, 8:23 PM
Hi guys
I was here several yrs ago clean and sober and in NA... after 10 yrs clean I had a brief relaspse I am just on induction of suboxone.

I was on it for 3 days before started in a clinic and now I am questioning being on it before this is a horror story. But I find my mind better and no craving or stinkin thinkin' but after a day of increasing my dose to the 16 mgs I am having some wierd effects. I am twitching and sweating. If i didnt know any better i would think that I was wd. Is this normal? and for all those on here, and on sub for a long time over 5 mos, was/is the wd or side effects from sub worth the being in active addiction? am I hesitatnt to do what a dr says and give control of using anything over to someone else? I dont want to think that this is a life long thing either. my relapse was so short my wd would mainly be in mental area if from oxy/ (or sub) since I have only been on it a week. Is it worth it? I am so afraid of accidentally being givin an opiate if on suboxone and have to go to the hospital. I was in the hospital for chest pain about 6 mos ago and given morphine before I could even say no and if that had happend on the suboxone (not subutex) then I would have been thrown into immediate and severe wd. scarey...

any responses regarding the pros and cons or about side effects would b greatly appreciated. I amm beating myself up pretty good about the whole clean and sober vs sub thing. Those that have had any success with NA knows what I am talking about.

thanks for your timme.

Miss t

Posted: September 1, 2014, 9:09 PM
Side effects are very common with Suboxone, especially when first starting or raising the dose like you said you were. With that being said, the effects should dissipate with time if you are taking a consistent dose and not mixing other medications without consulting a doctor first.

As frustrating as it is, I can assure you that it will pass. Don't give up. It is 100% worth it when you get through the hard times! If I can help in any way feel free to ask, or stop by my blog and leave me a direct comment.

I wish you the very best!
John

--------------------
Join me over at Suboxone Support Blog for a unique perspective on Sub treatment, addiction and of course, RECOVERY!
post replypost new topic