post replypost new topic
Night Twitching Nightmare, When Does It End?

Posted: August 30, 2014, 4:55 AM
Hi all, I'm new on here and looking for hope and understanding from other ppl in my position as my wife doesn't understand the hell
we go thru due to addiction. I was a prescription pain killer addict for many years till it came to a head and went for help. I was put on subutex for a year or so until last weds wen I started the detox on lofexidine. I have 2 days to go on the lofexidine as this is day 11 of detox. It was a living he'll getting to this point but made it this far and I am finishing the journey right to the end of addiction lifestyle. No more for me, Ever! Anyway, I naturally was given zopiclone to aid sleep ( not that you get much of that) one question to a problem I have is the dreaded night twitches, mines in my arms, not legs. I swing out, twitch and jump about in my sleep still, making my wife fed up with me and not understanding in the slightest what I have been and am going through. Can anyone shine some ray of hope as to when my body and the nerves therein start to calm down. Still getting whole body tingles as I type so things Defo still ain't levelled off have they. Anyway any rays of hope wud be great around now, cheers guys and keeping fighting the gud fight, a drug free life can sustained

This post has been edited by nelly ex pill popper on August 30, 2014, 4:57 AM

Posted: August 31, 2014, 3:54 AM
Wow thanks for advise and tips everyone. Smashing that, Not!

Posted: August 31, 2014, 10:24 AM
Hey there and sorry you haven't found the answers you were looking for. I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but here's my bit on the topic.

Night twitching and restless legs are no doubt one of the most uncomfortable side effects of opiate withdrawal. Also, I've found that sleeping medication can actually make this condition worse, especially Seroquil. Though I'm not really familiar with Zopiclone, I have a feeling it may be similar in this regard.

It might not be a solution, but maybe you could try taking something milder such as Diphenhydramine for a night or two to see if the Zopiclone has contributed. It might not work, but experimenting is the only way to find out what works best for you personally.

--------------------
Join me over at Suboxone Support Blog for a unique perspective on Sub treatment, addiction and of course, RECOVERY!
post replypost new topic