post replypost new topic
Suboxone

Posted: June 18, 2014, 12:39 AM
So, this is my second time around being on Suboxone. I was 100% clean for four years and relapsed on tramadol. Had legitimate pain in back and neck and told my dr. I could not take opiates, she said tramadol would work and is not addictive, now I know different. A few short weeks later I acquired a kidney stone(which Id never had before) and doctors were writing rx for Percocet like crazy. To the point, I found myself addicted to opiates once again, and unable to function without them. Ive been back on suboxone for about a month now and everything is great. I have no cravings for opiates, I take a respectable dosage of 12mg a day. I already know that Im going to get bombarded for saying this, but I believe my body requires some kind of opiate on a regular basis to function at a normal rate. Even when Im clean, I feel my body craves or is missing that opiate. When Im on even a low doss of sub or hydro I feel so normal and able to function. Im just getting these feelins off my chest. I work out of town and stay in hotel rooms through the week. Cant seem to sleep so thought Id get on a chat line about opiates/suboxone. Thanks for listening, and God bless all my fellow addicts, the ones who are in recovery as well as those in active addiction. Peace-

Posted: June 18, 2014, 11:03 PM
I used to feel the same way as you! Opiates made me feel normal, not high. I've been clean for several years now and feel great because I found out how to correct brain chemistry imbalances. Turns out that all drugs mimic our brain's neurotransmitters, which are chemical messengers that can produce feelings of well-being. Opiates specifically mimic endorphins, our natural pain-killers. It's highly probable that you are severely deficient in endorphins due to abusing opiates, which is why you crave them even after being clean for awhile. Next time you come off buprenorphine check out the supplement DLPA. There are many other great supplements for building endorphins but this is the best one to start with. Hope this helps!!

Posted: October 14, 2014, 10:54 PM
I highly recommend suboxone. I suffered no w/d from opiates with suboxone. It is really hard to find being that dr have a limited amount of patients they are allowed to subscribe to.

Can anyone tell me the scientific part of what addiction does to the brain and what suboxone does to the brain?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted: October 19, 2014, 9:48 AM
Go to the pain pills message board and read Tims message called Your Brain On Opiates. This may explain alot. it is really good. I have been on suboxone over 1 year and on zubsolv now. terrified of tapering. best of luck to you.

Posted: December 27, 2014, 9:07 PM
I was addicted to opiates for 3 years, started on subutex and I didn't have any withdraws and was able to get off of hydros. Problem is now I am addicted to subutex, its doesn't help in the long run as most think bc you are just trading one addiction for another. I have been addicted to it now for 3 years and the withdraws are worse than I had with hydros. Right now I am in the process of tapering off a tapering schedule I researched and found online because I'm not big on asking for help. I am hoping this work with minimal withdraws but dk bc I have never tried tapering before if anyone could give me their experience with tapering and maybe tell me how possible it is that would be great. I don't want this for my life anymore I want to be happy being clean.
post replypost new topic