SITE MAP
|
PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

I Got A Question, My Brother Is An Addict, Help.
Dirk Diggler
Posted: March 20, 2013, 2:19 PM

My brother is on suboxone and he says he wants to quit but I have my doubts, and here is why:

He is working with his doctor to taper off his medication but when he found out his doctor cut his levels down a small amount he got visibly upset even though he requested the change in dose to taper down.

I recently found out from my dad that he was snorting the pills; he doesn’t' want to attend an in-patient facility because he is afraid he will meet people who do heroine there and start doing it. I know you can't get high from heroine because suboxone makes it impossible and when I confronted him about the contradiction he said "what about crack".

He is only willing to attend an outpatient facility ***

When he was visiting my dad he was smoking weed every day, drinking every day and snorting his pills every day. He constantly runs out of his medication early but for some reason his doctor keeps giving him emergency refills.

He always gets defensive about things; he is so concerned about himself that he doesn’t even acknowledge what people do for him. The only time he notices things around him is when he doesn’t get his way. I am so sick of him and I hate to say it but I think he is a lost cause and I’ve lost faith on him.

Can anyone please help me? Do you think he intends to actually taper down off the suboxone? I don’t think he has been drinking lately but I know he tried to get weed despite the fact that even outpatient facilities drug test. Please help thanks.
  top of page  Top