next >  post replypost new topic
Blog About Coming Off Subutex
Marky Mark

Posted: March 2, 2011, 2:56 PM
Hello all
My name is Marky Mark and I have been trying to give up Subutex for nearly four years (bit of a soft arse really considering it is far better than coming off Meth or Heroin), but it still hurts and you still cannot sleep. I have done this detox a few times and consider myself a bit of an expert. So if anyone is giving up, they can read my blog and perhaps find comfort from it. I am from England (hence me not calling it suboxone or whatever you across the pond there call it)! This will be my fourth attempt as third time lucky never really worked for me, but now I think I have the strength to do it. If anyone knows what happened to a friend of mine called Diff let me know because I miss her wise words and I hope mine can convince some of you to give it up. So here is the story: Not touched Heroin now since about 2005 and do not intend to go anywhere near it again. At present I have reduced from 3mg and I am now down to 3 x 0.4mg (believe me reducing is your best bet by far) Also there is a drug called Lofexidine that helps with the withdrawels. My worst fear is not being able to sleep and basically have to have sleeping tablets, but and this is a big but; Benzo's aint for everyone. So if you have abused them in the past do not bother with them or you will be just swapping one drug for another. Next week I intend to drop from 3 to 1 x 0.4mg and then just stop in about a weeks time. So I will keep you posted on how I get on. Last time I came off at 2mg and it took about 40 days of not too bad feeling s***, but I ended up back on it due to lack of sleep. So be prepared and get some DVD's stocked up and try and keep busy, because the time passes quicker. If you want to ask me a question go right ahead and I will give you an honest answer. It aint easy, but I have to do this.... Till next time Marky Mark from Manchester

Posted: March 2, 2011, 9:47 PM
Mark, you can find Diff on FB if you know her real name...I was checking out her page last week.

My daughter came off suboxone when she found out she was pregnant...weaned quickly, like three or four weeks. She had three or four bad days like the flu, then she was much better. Sleep did not come easy, but it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

Good luck!
Marky Mark

Posted: March 3, 2011, 3:05 AM
Thanks for that, only know her as Diff. Did she ever write the book? email me her name and I will get in touch my email is howie68@sky.com it is a secondary email so I don't mind giving it out.

Your Daughter was lucky, but I think if she was pregnant and being a woman as well they seem to have more motivation and are not as soft as men lol. We think flu is worse than being tortured and women have more natural pain killers in their brains. Everyone is different and it isn't as bad as coming off heroin no way is it AND eventually you become free! The sleeplessness has got to be the worse! I will keep everyone informed on how I get on and probably do a blog a week then one per day when I start the detox.

Marky Mark
Marky Mark

Posted: March 3, 2011, 3:58 AM
Anyway I have been fiddling about with my dose! Yesterday I had half a 0.4mg (0.2mg) and it held me till 4.30am this morning and now I am waiting for the pharmacy to open and I feel like crap! Runny eyes, achey bones, sneezing etc. It is surprising how quick you go into withdrawel when you lower your dosage. On 3mg it used to hold me for three days before I started getting ill, but I suppose that is a good thing because the sooner it starts the quicker it is over! Will probably start Detox around next thursday. So it is time to hold on tight and not enjoy the ride!!!
humble man

Posted: March 3, 2011, 2:26 PM
hey mark mark - u have the power - he-man ! lol - na serious u will find the strength to c** of subutex - trust me uve had it easy doing it over years (well it may have back fired on u for satying on it so long) drop it down - an walk away. if ur like me, when u drop it down u start to think am i feeling s***ty - then u start feeling cold - basically it aint that cold and its just u - cause ur not doing anything. subutex was never made to be tampered - or what ever they call it when u shrink what u take until u stop, thats why the last bit is a little hard.

ur at stage now were u shud miss it out every other day then take it when u need it,
and mark, stay away from them loser type ppl who u may have smoked with, there bad news, we all make mistakes, god knows i jhave but there r ppl out there who have no intention of stopiing n they will fuuck u up in the process. Mark u will do it i knw u will - wud be nice to talk to u - hook me up tali99@hotmail.com

truth be told i feel i want to help jjust 1 person - as i got help and ive tried all drugs n most pills, im omk now , my main man - i have a lot to offer u - i wud love to help u - hook me up - hope all goes well.
Marky Mark

Posted: March 8, 2011, 6:56 PM
Anyone know Diff's real name I would love to see her facebook page? Starting detox after 14th March will keep you all posted

Posted: March 8, 2011, 11:08 PM
I don't think anyone would be comfortable posting her name without knowing your relationship to her or asking her permission to give it out. Why don't you post your real name and location and maybe someone will let her know you're asking for her.
Marky Mark

Posted: March 14, 2011, 8:27 AM
Okay, on the matter of Diff can you tell her it is Marky Mark and that we had a long running conversation back in 2006/07, she knows who I am. My real name is Mark Antony Howarth and I can also be found on FB, so can someone please let her know as I have been trying to get in touch with her for ages. We only gave each others knicknames.

Anyway, back onto this matter. I have been to see the Doctor this morning and everything is set in place for a detox starting tomorrow. My worker was messing me about a bit so it did take some time to sort it out. I will keep you all informed.

Posted: March 14, 2011, 8:35 AM
Done...
Marky Mark

Posted: March 16, 2011, 6:20 PM
So here we go hold on tight! Started the Lofexidine this morning and finished my last 2 x 0.4mg subutex this morning, so I imagine I will start feeling pretty crappy soon. Been here before and this time I am hoping it will last. Have never gone back to Heroin since 2004, just cannot seem to get this Subutex out of my system. So this is where it starts. Will try and do a blog once a day to let you know how I am getting on (it has to be better than living in Japan right?) There really is always someone worse of then yourself!

And thanks Mom, what did she say?

Posted: March 16, 2011, 6:37 PM
She said she might check in here on the sly, but she remembered you.
Marky Mark

Posted: March 18, 2011, 3:51 PM
Cheers Mom let her know I wouldn't mind having a chat, unless her fella is still giving her grief.

Anyway the detox:
Last time I came off at 2mg and it lasted 40 days, it was like something from the bloody Bible (forty days and forty nights) and hey isn't it Lent? Also everytime I detox a Earthquake always happens! The last time was the England Manchester 5.9 and this time it is the Japenese 8.9 (they are in my thoughts). Anyway better make this the last to stop all these Earthquakes! I had a weird night last night, been taking Lofexidine (stops the withdrawels, or should I say helps with them). Went to bed at the normal time around 10.30pm, but woke up at 12.30am twitching like a son of a Biatch and I thought oh christ here we go! Took a sleeping tablet and managed to get back to sleep and did not wake up till 7am, again twitching. Again went back to sleep till 9.00am and when I got up all the twitching had stopped? Weird! My worker reckons I might get lucky, but they say that don't they? I reckon all the fun will start this weekend or maybe sunday/Monday, but not having to take the Subutex I already feel free! I feel a bit crappy, but I reckon these Lofexidine are doing a good job (they are also called Brtlofax) Fingers crossed I might get lucky, but it is definatley better tapering down to crumbs rather than coming off a high dose. I came off eventually at 1 x 0.4mg.
Keep tuned folks!
Marky Mark
Marky Mark

Posted: March 19, 2011, 9:32 AM
Oh well it is now Saturday and I had another weird night of not getting to sleep properly, but this is all the symptons I seem to be getting at the moment, the rest is very mild! The lack of sleep does make everything seem worse though! Managed to get a few hours after downing two sleepers. They make you feel crap in the morning and are not recommended! Plus these wipe your memory and you end up getting up to all kinds of strange s*** in the night! Just hope I can get through the next few days as easy as the last few have been. If this is it after tapering off I should have done it bloody years ago!
Last few weeks 2 x 0.4mg
Last week I went down from two to just one 0.4mg on the last few days.

I hate not sleeping, but I have been told that will eventually come back!
Marky Mark

Posted: March 20, 2011, 9:01 PM
Sunday 20th March

It is almost 1.00am and I am still awake. However I have slept today without the aid of sleeping tablets so thats a bonus, but I suggest you skip kipping through the day and stick to night time because the TV is rubbish! I suppose I need to get into a routine. Is there anyone on her who knows how long it took them to start sleeping properly again? The Lofexidine is working well because I have hardly any other withdrawel symptoms, unfortunatley it is not out in America yet, but is being tested. So it will be out soon! I have not even felt really that cold. All I seem to get is twitching when I am in bed (which keeps me awake)! And a mild feeling of crappiness (which is due to lack of sleep). Oh well might try and get in bed now for a nice twitching session!
Marky Mark

Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:00 AM
Is it bedtime yet? :(

Posted: March 21, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hang in there Marky...my daughter's sleep did not return to normal for about 6 weeks, but it did get progressively better in small increments...that is your addiction singing her siren song to you, trying to make you suffer so much that you will feed her...don't you listen. She can be successfully starved if you close your ears to her...
Marky Mark

Posted: March 26, 2011, 5:30 PM
Dear Mom and all
Sorry for not being on for a few days, been tied up in being Tangled up in Blue! I am now on day 11 and even though I feel like a bronze statue and can just about force myself to stand up, I have had good days and bad days, but it has ben far less unpleasent than coming off at 2mg (so taper off)! I am shattered tonight, but last night I was up singing fecking Kari Oki songs in a pub! I already feel free from Opiates and this time I have to do it (I cannot get them anymore so I am screwed anyway) Rubbed all numbers off phone and moved out of area I was that determined. Found a good Woman and even if I cannot sleep for the rest of my life I will never GO BACK! EVER!
I wish Diff would get in touch, but maybe after this is all over I will set fire to everything I ever printed off this site, set fire to all my paper work and drug booklets and forever erase this from my memory.

Mom, get in touch with Diff and tell her did she ever do Witch Craft on a mountainside and magic Car fuel? Tell her I will always remember her and that I learned from the last detox. I will let you all know when I can sleep, getting a few hours per night so it was not as bad as last times SIX DAYS AWAKE WITH MATCHES UNDER MY MINCE PIES!

Posted: March 26, 2011, 5:36 PM
Mark, Diff posted to you on another thread bearing your name...check it out.

This post has been edited by MomNMore on March 26, 2011, 5:37 PM
Marky Mark

Posted: March 29, 2011, 2:34 AM
Mom where I cannot see it?

Anyway it is gone two weeks now and I am feeling quite a lot better, it does seem to drag on, but we get there eventually, the only withdrawel symptoms I am having now are shivers (very mild) and disturbed sleep.

Posted: March 29, 2011, 8:26 AM
Go to the "message Board" tab under the title of the site and click on "heroin" to see all posts in order, most recent first. You'll see a thread with your name on it.
post replypost new topic