post replypost new topic
Need Help! 1st Week W/sub

Posted: February 15, 2007, 12:27 AM
My first week and im feeling pretty bad. I will give u a taste of my story. Im 25 and started using pain meds at 13/14yrs old. I was fully adictted by time i was 16. I sold drugs to support my use. Junior year had 6 friends working in pharmacys. Taking 25-30 Vicadon/Loratab/Lorecet daily. Found my savior when i was a sr. OXYCONTIN. Started selling Oxy,H, and coke. Got out of hand. Saw more than needed by age of 20. Ended up convicted with trafficking Heroin and was on methadone by time i was going to court. Was in college, 1st offense,and family had tremendous pull in community so i skated with 90 days work release, 5yrs probation. Stayed clean in A.A for 21/2yrs and fst-fwd to summer 06. Taking up to 300mg/mthdn, 8-12mg Xanax, and 3-4 pints of yeghermhister, and up to 3pks a day. Daveled wit crack to stay awake.
Dont remember much.
Had startred buissiness in 03 and was working on a relaxed job where i was alone alot. I let myself go. Stopped working out and became drug addicted/drunkand waste but had hope. Dont know how? Weened down to 37mg/mthdn, got off xanax, quit drinking, smoking and found an addiction speac. at my church to help me. Took plung onto Subutex Feb 7th, 07. Ist day worst withdraw i can remember. 2nd wanted to die. W/D's got easier but am hitting day 7 and am on 16mg/sub a day. I am nausious each dose i take for bout hr. i am so drained of energy, want to use xanax cause i know opiates wont work(which are my drug of choice), I am so down. I came off alot of sedating drugs fast but i want the sub to work fully. Im not throwing the towel in cause i know it can work. Im nervous and cant seem to 4get all the tortchure ive inflicted on myself and my family, which i would not be here without. Im praying just to feel normal again.
Any Comments or Suggestions will help.
Thanks for reading. Dont mean to be negative.

note

Posted: February 15, 2007, 4:45 AM
Hey, try to hang in there man. I know it is miserable and long. It is certainly useful to have some information with I gained by looking on a websit called "www.thedetoxforum,

Keep your goals in sight.

Posted: February 21, 2007, 7:15 AM
am down to 0.2 from 16 my self has took me two years to do it dont be dis heartend i was just affraid to be clean found when i got on to lower dose felt better please dont give up it is worth it ................

Posted: March 10, 2007, 7:01 AM
i found that if i took my sub then went to sleep i got rid of the sicky feelings,im ok now i dont get the icky feelings no more,keep it up they will disappear

Posted: March 10, 2007, 9:39 PM
Meth25, soudns like you may have gone into precipitated withdrawals.

What dose of methadone were you on when you switched to sub, and how long long did youw ait between your last meth dose and your first sub dose.

--------------------
A Buddhist Lama once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you."
So I didn't.

Get Help for Codeine Addiction Here

Posted: March 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
Silent partner. This was a post from about a month ago. I have been on sub for about 40 days and am doing great. Stomach still isnt normal but i can live with that as long as im clean and i have not used or drank since day one. I AM JUST TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!!!! I do not recomend what i did but i couldnt take it and was hopeless. I went onto 24mgs of Subutex from what i told my doctor was 37gs of methadone, but i was really using between 150 to 190mgs. STUPID, but i was so so so desparate.I only waited 24 hrs to switch. I manipulated him because that is what i always did. I was on 3000mgs mthdn and 8-12mg of xanax for 3 years. Meth perscribed, xanax wasnt. U could imagine the danger added with a fifth of yeg. I feel freedom, things arent easy but i work har, ussually two aa/na meetings daily and work with my sponsor, and work the 12 steps. Now am on 28mg sub, 2 when i wake up and 2.5 early evening. Thanks for your support.
Brien

Posted: March 12, 2007, 10:20 PM
Are you still taking the subutex? I thought that they were supposed to switch you over to suboxone after like a week. Not sure. You're story is quite different from mine - I was addicted to fioricet with codeine for five years, tried cold turkey, ended up in hospital having seizures. Went one more year addicted and had a small intervention (just my mom and husband) but I was ready, just didn't want to go thru the wd's again. I was origanally gonna try methadone but ended up finding a behavioral center that told me about suboxone. I started it on 9/12/06 and finished my program on 2/18/07 (my 32nd b-day). They started me out on 12mgs and my first day was worse than the 7 days of cold turkey all wrapped up on one. Some how I ended up passing out and felt like a whole new person the next day. They kept me at 12mgs til December then started taking me down 2mgs per week. I was given the option to jump off at 2mgs or go down to 1mg. I ended up jumping at 2mgs and didn't even feel a bit strange. I think it is all about mind control. I've read some peoples stories and they are all freaked about getting off and how they'll feel that they end up talking themselves into feeling horrid. I was ready to be completely pill free and really didn't even put too much thought into the fact that I wasn't taking any pills anymore. I suppose it didn't hurt that sometimes I would end up forgetting to take my suboxone until late at night because I forgot I was an addict. All is well right now and I haven't had a single craving (knock on wood). I had everyone worried about 2 months ago because my husband of 12 years ended up leaving me and they all thought I relapse - but I've been handling it extremely well - I think I am somewhat releaved because this way I can make a complete fresh start. Sorry to ramble - just thought you might want someone to talk to.

Dawn

Posted: March 13, 2007, 11:09 AM
Hey Dawn i am on suboxone. Switched over at 10 days on Subutex. It was horribble. I had about 5 terrifying days were i was preparing myself to die. I am glad its over and iam glad u have been so strong. I also divorced last year. I am so sorry to hear what u had to go through. You are still young, my wife was 32 also. You can move on eventually. U HAVE TO! Great ojob on getting off suboxone. Im glad to hear u did it. Look foward to hearing from u. I only have time to get on here in the morning. Thanks 4 writing
Brien

Posted: March 13, 2007, 11:47 PM
Glad you are sorted out, good luck!

--------------------
A Buddhist Lama once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you."
So I didn't.

Get Help for Codeine Addiction Here

Posted: March 20, 2007, 2:20 PM
Hey:

Dawnee, I too was once addicted to fiorinal #3 for years. I still remember the first time I took it in the 80's, about 1986. Loved it from day one. I no longer take it and haven't in years, but it was hell. I lost everything because of it. As I'm sure you know it has a barbituate in it as well as codeine, caffeine, tylenol. Coming off of it is dangerous because of the seizures due to abruptly stopping barbituate usuage. i was actually weaned off of it in detox by gradually reducing the dosage. I was on so much that it started with 8 every 6 hours for one day then 8 six hours later 7 six hours later 8, six hours later 7. Then 7 every 6 hours for one day, then 7 six hours later 6, six hours later 7 etc. etc. to prevent me from having seizures. Unlike Lortab, you can actually die from these withdrawals as I'm sure you know. Needless to say, while in treatment, I don't remember too much at the beginning as they gave me 32 the first 24 hours I was there. In retrospect, I think that was an ;unuasual method of detox to say the least. That facility is now closed. It was in Houston, Texas, it was actually the same place that Andrea Yates went to (the mother who drowned her 5 kids due to postpartum psychosis). To say the least, the shriniks there weren't the best. As far as withdrawals go tho, it was pretty painless, hell it was like a party for the first several days. You're really the only other person I know who also had a problem with those. I haven't touched them in years, but I still remember how much of a grip they had on me.

Posted: March 20, 2007, 4:43 PM
Hi Dawnee,

It sounds as though you went into precipitated w/d. How long did you wait after your last dose of DOC before introducing the sub? I know that I was in moderate wd when I was induced an it worked perfectly. It was introduced at 2mg increments every couple of hours until I was stable.

The whole induction period really lasted a couple of days until a final dose of 12mgs was settled on.

You say you passed out...then woke up a different person. Wow, I hope you were in the clinic or hospital when this happened. I am sorry if you explained this already. I am just really interested on how you did it.

I am currently on 8mgs a day. I broke my leg last week and went off sub for a few days to have pain meds. They did a little but not much in my opinion. I waited until I was in w/d again before I started re-introducing the sub into my system because I was terrified of what you basically just talked about.

To me...that sounds like precipitated wd....was it?

--------------------
LIVE....LAUGH...LOVE...LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!!
post replypost new topic