PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

Suboxone Street Price
John
Posted: May 10, 2006, 7:31 PM

I have called around and most clinics offer a 8 day detox for $600. They give you 12 8mg pills in total if you calculate it. That means about $50 a pill. I haven't read about it anywhere, so I'm just wondering what the street price of 8mg Suboxone is. I've heard $40 a pop. Does that sound right?
Posted: May 10, 2006, 8:39 PM

i dont really know cause my bfs the one whos done all that stuff but if sub is the same as methadone, he was payin 60 a pill on the street here and i know ppl sell them for more
Posted: May 16, 2006, 6:54 AM

That is absolutely insane! 60 bucks a pop!
Posted: May 17, 2006, 11:19 AM

ola,
i just got my script from the pharmacy and i paid 242.59 for 42 8mg pills. so do the math and that is what each one costs. i did it for you, it costs, $5.77 a pill! and the 2mg pills are 49.89 for 14 ,, and that comes to $3.56 a pill! that is what it should cost! hope that helps!
Posted: May 17, 2006, 4:32 PM

hey captain.. I think they are trying to find the price on the street.. to purchase sub.. not with a script...

i think..

that is a HUGE difference though.. wow..

--------------------
-Kathy

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.
Paul
Posted: May 17, 2006, 5:46 PM

16 bucks for 105 on my presc. plan.
100 bucks out of pocket to doc. (shrink bi-monthly)
walking bad habit
Posted: May 17, 2006, 6:36 PM

Hi everyone, why in the world would anyone buy sub. on the street? I don't think people realize how dangerous this drug can be, it can cause death if misused. Even tho I don't think it can be abused, I do know that you cannot drink any booze while on the sub, be careful people.... wishing you al well I'm finally off all the drugs. legal or otherwise....thank God it took about 4 weeks to get better, after the sub. good luck to all...it does get better....
Posted: May 17, 2006, 6:54 PM

Never buy pills off the street .Prices range on your insurance plan and of course where you purchase meds. Always stay away from ma and pa operations.

Walmart Cosco best prices

Stay away from buying streetdrugs as they are usually expired meds.

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time
Posted: June 1, 2006, 5:55 PM

Do people really buy suboxone on the street???
Posted: June 1, 2006, 6:07 PM

..Over here in London..you can buy an 8ml pill off the street for 2..thats $4 in your money..or buy a 2ml for 50p..

--------------------
..The key to happiness is being grateful for what you do have..Rather than thinking about what you don't have ?..
sue
Posted: June 1, 2006, 6:33 PM

Dont mean to be rude here but some of u have to buy off the street as some of us cant get a doctor to prescribe so we have to buy off the street and i know that it is not the best way to go about it but some of us are that desparate that we have to we dont have time to wait months for a appointment with drug workers so that is why we buy off the street dont mean to be rude and i hope nobody took it the wrong way take care and good luck to all sue
Posted: June 1, 2006, 8:30 PM

I didn't mean any harm by asking the question of 'do people really buy this off the streets.' I had just never heard of suboxone until my husband got it as treatment. I figured if it didn't get people high, then they wouldn't want to buy it. But I understand what you are saying. It is quite an expensive treatment.
Posted: June 2, 2006, 3:43 AM

i just got my script to sub yesterday and i had a friend that ask me today if i would sell one to him but i only have 14 and they have to last until the 13th so i was like well i dont know he wants to quit using vics but what will one help with. but he is a good freind. but i cant just miss a dose can i?
sue
Posted: June 2, 2006, 7:50 AM

No even though you feel like you would like to help you have to think of your self as if you miss a dose you might feel like you want to use again. Ans also one tablet will not help him so there is no point in selling him it you need it and i dont mean to tell you not to help your friend but you need to help yourself take care sue
Posted: June 9, 2006, 9:34 PM

dad was buying suboxone on the street when his rx ran out,,,,it does happen and it ia def dangerous!!!!!!!!

nikki

--------------------
God grant me the SERENITY
to accept the things i cannot change, COURAGE to tchange the things I can and
WISDOM to know the difference.

I trluly believe in this. Think about it.....

nijay0523@yahoo.com
xoxoxoxo
Posted: June 10, 2006, 3:09 PM

For wilcal77,

Don't sell any of your suboxone. You need it for your recovery. If your friend is trying to buy it, it means they are in no type of recovery program so any little amount you sell them isn't going to help them very much. They may just be buying it to hold them over until they can score their drug. So, it ain't helping them much and it is hurting you.

People may not have money for doctors, that is true, but, buying sub on the streets is expensive. Since they don't have sub clinics yet, then the next best thing is to get registered in a methadone clinic. Their prices are not usually more expensive then heroin and if folks can afford buying pills, they can afford going to a methadone clinic.

It all comes down again to how much does someone really want recovery and to what lengths they are willing to go....

--------------------
Dr. Bashir: So of all your stories, which ones were true and which ones were lies?

Elim Garak: My dear doctor they were all true.

Dr. Bashir: Even the lies?

Elim Garak: Especially the lies......
Posted: June 11, 2006, 12:10 AM

I get 60 suboxone (8mg) pills a month and it costs me $300 (I have insurance, but it only covers $15 of this script - no clue why). My doctor, however, only charges me $25 each visit as my copay... at first, my insurance would not cover my visits and I had to pay $200 each time, but she finally wrote that I was depressed, too (true) and they had no problem paying for that.

I had no clue that you could buy sub on the street, so I'm not sure of the street prices....

It's funny.... when my husband was begging me to get off of pills, I said "well, I would need to get on sub, but it's expensive - with the doctor's visit and the medicine, it's like $500 a month... how could we afford that?" But I NEVER had any problems paying for the Norco each month and, trust me, I paid around the same price, if not more. I would go to work extra just to make the money.

Danni
Saint
Posted: June 14, 2006, 7:56 AM

Subutex is Great!

I have managed to get off Heroin with just 16mg of Subutex. I was only on a tenner of brown (Heroin) a day, so luckily, my habit was not massive. I took 8mg 1st day, then 4 and 4 for the following 2 days.

Stupidly, I got back into gear (brown) after a few months, but I now have 10mg to come off it again.. I am hoping that I can do it with 4mg, then 4mg and finally 2mg. It might have a small amount of pain, but hopefully I can manage it (I am determined to!).

The person mentioned in a previous post who was trying to buy an individual pill on the street might have had a use for it to detox. More likely though, rather than using it to detox, they most probably were using it to stop withdrawal until they could get some more smack (gear) - there might have been a (smack) drout on.

I bought mine on the street. I paid 5 per 8mg pill of Subutex. That was actually on the expensive side, as the person who was selling them to me knew that I was after them. I would have gone up to 10 and maybe more, as I think that Subutex are great - they allow me to get off the Heroin with very little pain when compared to normal withdrawal.

Price quite often depends if there is anybody who has been prescribed them in the local area, but who is not using them. If a user has loads of them that he is trying to shift, then they will be priced to sell. This can often happen if the user has been ordered by a court to go under a DTTO (Drug Treatment and Testing Order - UK). The clinic that they are sent to prescribes them Subutex, but Subutex blocks the effects of Bs (smack), and so the user does not take the subutex as they want to take dark (Bs) - This is how I got mine!

By the way, you can get something off Subutex. It's effects are similar to diacetylmorphine (dark) (you get the 'nod' and generally don't do much), but it is a little more 'subtle'. This never happened when I was withdrawing though - it was only when I took a spare half that I had left over about 3 weeks after stopping Subutex. I guess during withdrawal it is just masking the symptoms.

I never had what could be called a large (or even medium) habit (0.1-0.2g a day), but I really think that Subutex are amazing. I really believe that they should be dishing these out as much as possible (under docs orders tho, but make them easy to get). I would have had prefered to see a doctor, but the wait for a doc who could prescribe Subutex would have been 8 weeks, and I needed to stop immediately.

I hope this fills in some info for you. Your mileage will vary.

AyJay.

Posted: June 14, 2006, 4:02 PM

I was taking around 20 Norco a day, for about 3 or 4 years..... I quit two times before - once for a few weeks (withdrawals weren't bad b/c I had just gotten addicted), & once for about 3 months (I quit cold turkey after a friend died of liver failure from pain pill abuse). I was so miserable after the last time that I quit, the withdrawals were so horrible, that I thought I would NEVER go through that again.

Then, one day, I came across about 200 Norco that my husband had hidden from me when I quit (I didn't want to throw them out then in case the withdrawals were so bad that I couldn't handle it; this way I could take one if I had to to take the edge off if I needed it.... but I was so scared from my friend dying that I refused to take anything)..

It's funny how your body forgets pain..... just like childbirth, I forgot about the miserable feelings of withdrawals and only thought about the good feelings from the pills. I really thought I could take one pill every once in a while since I had been clean for so long & not have a problem, but in less than 2 weeks, I was taking MORE than I ever had before.

A few months later, I ran out of pills and my husband begged me not to get any more...... so I agreed to quit. I did not want to go cold turkey again, so I found a suboxone doctor in my area and started taking it the very next day.

For all the bad people say about suboxone, it really, really worked for me. I've been on it now for a year and a half (starting to taper off now) and have nothing but great things to say about the drug. It saved my life. It keeps me from taking Norco, it stopped my doctor shopping, it helped with my depression & anxiety, it even gives me energy (especially if I forget to take it one day -if I take it every other day)

It gave me my life back and for that, I will always be grateful. I am going to do a very slow taper to get off, but would have no problem with getting back on it again if I needed to. I quit once before, about 6 months into my treatment, and went down from 8mg to nothing in one month. I had no withdrawal symptoms except for extreme fatigue. This time, I'm taking 16mg a day and have been on it longer so I expect that it will be a little tougher, so I'm going to take it nice and slow.

Good luck to everyone.

Danni
Posted: June 15, 2006, 9:21 AM

I can't belive the cost of subutex(buprenorphine) over in the states, in the uk you just pay for the perscription, which is 6 about $11 and that covers my daily amount of 25 mg for two weeks.the amount of money that you pay is disgusting.

--------------------
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=7][FONT=Courier]
  top of page  Top