post replypost new topic
Too Ashamed To Even Ask
WorstMom

Posted: February 27, 2012, 11:43 AM
I'm so ashamed of what I'm about to say but I need the help so here goes...

I started smoking when I was 16 then quit at 24 when I fell pregnant with my daughter. I gave it up for two years then started again at my high school reunion. I just turned 30 and am 11 weeks pregnant (and ecstatic) but still haven't been able to quit. I tried but felt so overwhelmed it didn't last.

My question is what can I use that won't jeopardise thhe health of my baby? I'm too ashamed to ask my doctor or pharmacist- what I'm doing is obviously very terrible and I feel aweful about it all the time.

If anyone shares my experience, knows what I'm talking about please please help.

Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:13 PM
I quit smoking when I got pregnant with my second son. Didn't know any better with my first. I do remember however just how hard it was but you have to want to do it for your baby. You risk so much by continuing to smoke. Try the e-cigs. You can get them at any convience store or online, get the ones with the least amount of nicotine and then wean from there. That's probably the safest way. Patches and pills aren't recommended for pregnancies. I feel your pain and I know it's shameful but how much more shameful you'll feel if you don't do something about it now. Keep posting here, it helps.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: February 29, 2012, 3:08 PM
Don't be ashamed. Not at all. The people that come to this sight myself included don't judge. An addiction is in addiction it makes us do things we wouldn't normally do. The positive thing is that you are being honest with us and seeking help. When I started my quit here. I read a ton on the internet. The people that quit cold turkey have the easiest time quitting AND are more likely to stay quit. That really got me with the thought that, that is the way I had to do it. And I did! You can too. You honestly can. I smoked through both of my pregnancies. I am not proud of that fact but I did. Lots do. Your not alone. Just open up to your doc. It will keep you accountable. If your just not there yet. Well comming here and opening up means your ready to look at your problem and maybe do something about it too. Welcome. Keep comming back. :)

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic