Meth Free

Posted: November 3, 2011, 9:11 AM
Hello everyone! I thought I would share my personal success story. I have been clean since October 16, 2005. I got hooked on meth when I was 21, with the help of my brother (who "cooked" it) My daughter was just born. I smoked it for the first year, and then got started on needles. For the next 5 years I was on a downward spiral. I knew I wanted to quit but because of my friends and family, I always gave into temptation. In August of 2005, I found out I was pregnant with my son. I knew that I was not doing right by the daughter I already had, and I knew that I had to make a change. I packed all of my things and left my hometown to go stay 8 hours away with a friend who did not use, and was supportive of me quitting. I stayed gone and sober for 2 months after that. I decided to move back home. I moved back, and quickly relapsed one time because of who I was hanging around with. That night, I cried and cried because I knew a change had to come. After that one night, I totally cut off anyone that did meth. Including my sister, and my brother. It was a hard decision to make, but slowly and surely, my life started getting better. Everytime I would start thinking that I could just do it once, or maybe keep it under better control, I trained myself to slow down and think about the times before I had told myself that. I told myself to look at the people I know who did and asked myself what do they really have in life?
It is 6 years later, and I now have more, and do more than I ever could have addicted to meth. I am in my first year of nursing school, and my children are very happy, and doing great in school. For those of you struggling, my best advice is, make the decision. That was the hardest part for me. Was really sitting down and MAKING THE DECISION. Good luck to all, and God bless.