Mom Of A Meth Addict
Posted: January 30, 2017, 2:01 PM

Wanting to know if any parents out there have been affected by a Meth addict adult child. Just need some kind words of wisdom.......
Prayer Warrior
Posted: January 30, 2017, 6:41 PM

You are not alone! My son just turned 21 last week... and he is addicted to meth. I woke up this morning wondering if maybe meth addiction was tied somehow to a mineral/nutritional imbalance... and found this site looking for information. There has to be SOMETHING that can help counteract the need they feel for this drug. If anyone has any first hand knowledge that would help...it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: January 30, 2017, 9:14 PM

read the postings under Families/Partners of Addicts - you will find other moms there. read the past postings to see more of the background of what these families have been thru. keep looking for information in your community. it isn't easy and there is much heartbreak and sadness.
Posted: January 31, 2017, 11:59 AM

I have kind words, but not much wisdom. Glad you joined us but sad for the reason. My son is 35 and has used drugs since he was about 13. Meth & marijuana are what he uses most often but he has used other things. I am still struggling with it and just trying to get from day to day without a meltdown. Attempting to detach, not enable, and be happy despite it all. Not an easy thing for us mothers to do. This board has helped me because everyone here is going through something similar. Welcome!

--------------------
BUGS
Posted: January 31, 2017, 7:53 PM

Hi
My 21 yo son is addicted to meth. It's awful. It changes who they are.
He's been homeless almost a week and I know he has been so messed up.
I had to go get on nerve pills and sleeping pills because it's been so hard.
I never take pills. I've stood firm...didn't pay his phone bill, didn't send
Money for food which would have went for meth.
I've had 5 hours sleep in 48 hours ....I'm exhausted!!
I didn't know if Z was dead or alive but received a call today that he is in
Jail. 250$ could have gotten him out but....not doing it. He can sit there
Until next week and see what the judge says. It's his 3rd offense so he may
Be in jail for awhile. Praying he will get it together
Hugs and Prayers
Paula
Posted: January 31, 2017, 9:37 PM

Hi Paula, so sorry to hear about Zach. Try to rest. Nothing you can do. It must be difficult.
Posted: February 1, 2017, 7:23 AM

Paula--

You did all you could and now it is time to take care of you! Get some rest and stay well! I pray for Z and for you everyday!

((((HUGS)))) Lori
Posted: April 14, 2017, 7:52 AM

Someone help! My 31 year old is high out of his mind talking to himself. I am going to kick him out of my house but don't know if I should wait until he is somewhat sane first. What is the right thing to do?
Posted: April 14, 2017, 2:28 PM

Hi - I dont know too much about this, but YES - WAIT until he is sane. I have read others advice - not to provoke the person when they are high. but take care of your self and others in your home if you are in danger. leave the house and/or call the police. Any young kids - bring somewhere else to stay until the home is safe.

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on April 14, 2017, 2:28 PM
  top of page  Top