post replypost new topic
Help

Posted: January 16, 2017, 9:11 PM
This is my first time on here. My 29 year old daughter is using Dilaudid, Crystal Meth, Heroin and who knows what else. She has track marks everywhere and her face is broken out and can't stop picking. She's been abusing drugs for almost 13 years, rehabs several times, jail, prison, you name it. We pressed charged to send her to jail to get her off the streets and save her. She is now not on probation and is in the worst shape ever. She doesn't seem to want to get clean and we don't know what to do. She has no where else to go but our house and her dad wants to move out because he can't handle the arguments every day. So hard to see her looking this way. It is tearing me apart. What do I do? Send her to the streets? Pray she steals so I can press charges? Let her just die? Any advice is appreciated.

Posted: January 17, 2017, 6:08 PM
Hi Maria,

Read through some of the posts on the site. You are in the right place. You need to let go and let her fall, but it is not easy. Everyone here is very supportive.

Posted: January 17, 2017, 9:54 PM
state governments are doing more to help addicts. look for more help in the community. also try the tabs above - find treatment, programs and resources, etc. Also - the addicts mom website.

Posted: January 17, 2017, 10:50 PM
Sorry for the horrible situation your daughter has put you in. This forum is a great place to get support and advice. The people on here have had years of experience in similar situations.

Have you and your husband gone to Alanon or Narcanon? That is a good place to get support and advice, too. They can even give you suggestions on available services, treatments, etc.

The one thing you don't want to do is let this destroy you and your life and your marriage--and it will if you don't get things into perspective and make some changes. I know it is very difficult having her live with you and the strain on you must be incredible! On the other hand it is dangerous for a woman to be homeless, but your daughter is an adult and is making her own choices. It sounds like she has chosen a drug life and you can't make her do otherwise until she is ready to change. The only thing you can change is you and what you decide to do.
You didn't cause her addiction, can't fix it, and can't cure it!

I am praying for you and your family and hope that you can find the strength to stop enabling her and let her bottom out. Hopefully that will be a turning point for her--

(((HUGS))) Lori

Posted: January 19, 2017, 5:39 PM
She has no where else to go but our house and her dad wants to move out because he can't handle the arguments every day. So hard to see her looking this way. It is tearing me apart. What do I do? Send her to the streets? Pray she steals so I can press charges? Let her just die?

She does have other places to go, there is ALWAYS a choice....Salvation Army, hospitals, homeless shelter, etc. When I asked my daughter to leave I handed her an envelope with a list of services in our state: detoxes, charities, shelters, mental health facilities, and AA/NA meetings.

Don't pray for her to steal.

You are not letting her die...it's not something you have ANY control over. You are perhaps watching her die, but that's not the same. You are not sending her to the streets, she is choosing the behaviors that land her on the streets...it's not about you at all.

Let her go.

Peace ~ MomNMore

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: January 20, 2017, 5:29 PM
MomNMore - thanks for your response. I know it wasn't to me but it spoke directly to me.
post replypost new topic