next >  post replypost new topic
Please Read And Respond, This Could Be The Answer

Posted: September 21, 2016, 5:48 PM
I am appealing to everyone out there who is or has suffered from the devastating effects of addiction. Whilst searching for a rehab for my heroin addict partner, I recently stumbled across an apparent miracle cure (potentially) for any addict but especially heroin and alcoholics, its called ibogaine.
If you have anything to say about I at all, please respond and if you've never heard of it, put it in your search engine and read, read, read. Its truly astonishing how it appears that hardly anyone is aware of it. But it could change so many lives and society in general.

Please people, tell me what think...

Posted: September 21, 2016, 6:13 PM
It's been around forever. No proven benefit. Snake oil ?? ... who knows.

Everybody's looking for the easier, softer way and the only thing I've found is abstinence.

Good luck.
Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: September 21, 2016, 10:32 PM
Not sure if you're getting confused with something else, Ibogaine comes from the Iboga tree root, not snake oil and there are many testimonies by former addicts who talk of how it has successfully changed their lives.
Also, with all due respect to you, heroin has around forever too and I figure if one plant can possess such powers that it enslaves nearly all of those who dare to try it, then why wouldn't there be another plant with such potent power, it can, counter the effects of the other in the same remarkable way?
It just has not been recognised by the government, (despite plenty of research), because if people could be cured of addiction, politicians would no longer be able to pull the strings of society worldwide and would ultimately lose their control over us.

Posted: September 22, 2016, 4:57 AM
Did you use Ibogaine to treat your addiction?

According to wikipedia, Ibogaine is a Schedule I drug in the US. It is illegal here

--------------------

I forgot to read the fine print, when i signed up to be your Mom. I thought it would be smiles & hugs and quite a lot of fun.

I didn’t see the part about addiction, mental illness, pain, hopelessness or despair. I didn’t know life could be so flipping unfair.

But I now see something in the fine print that I didn’t see before. It also says to survive your addiction, I must love me more.

In Loving Memory of my angel, J. #forever21 #ihateaddiction #foreverloved

Posted: September 22, 2016, 8:21 AM
squeeze:

Tell me exactly what ibogaine would/could/ do to help a hopeless addict/alcoholic.

What would be the purpose of taking the drug?
What benefit would be achieved?

If a person has an addictive personality removing/changing the drug does little good....
The person needs a basic "personality" change.
I couldn't change my will by using my will power - I was only fighting myself.

Recovery for me and millions of others is well described in HOW IT WORKS
http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10..._howitworks.pdf
I "will myself" to work the program - not fight myself over using/not using.

All the best.

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

AA's HOW IT WORKS:

NA's HOW IT WORKS:

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Dry since 1989

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

Posted: September 22, 2016, 9:30 AM
squeeze:

"Snake oil" term is typically used to describe a substance with no real medicinal value sold as a remedy for all diseases.

Posted: September 22, 2016, 10:13 AM
Hi Hurtingmom and thank you Ratchet for enlightening me, but I believe this substance really does have substance in terms of its benefits. My belief however is so far only based on what I've read, which is why I appealed to everyone out there who may have first hand experience of it. The reason behind it is because my man has submitted to the lure of heroin yet again after nearly 15 years clean from a bad habit. He's tried most approaches over the years and now we face the daunting task of finding help that we can take on with a renewed faith that it will work. Ibogaine sounds like the perfect remedy, but is mysteriously unavailable on the open market. I truly couldn't believe it myself but its just there making sense, (if you see it as an antidote), after all heroin is plant derived so should be its counter .

Papa Bear you obviously have internet access so maybe you should read the recent information/research/testimonials from addicts themselves, and never lose hope.

Posted: September 22, 2016, 11:53 AM
I haven't lost hope .. I have regained hope.

And wonder drugs had nothing to do with it.

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer

AA's HOW IT WORKS:

NA's HOW IT WORKS:

---Dry since 1989

--Richard Rohr

Posted: September 22, 2016, 1:47 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine

IbogaineSystematic (IUPAC) name

12-Methoxyibogamin

Ibogaine is a naturally occurring psychoactive substance found in plants in the Apocynaceae family such as Tabernanthe iboga, Voacanga africana and Tabernaemontana undulata.[2] It is a psychedelic with dissociative properties.

Ibogaine is not currently approved for any medical uses in the United States.[2] Preliminary research indicates that it may help with drug addiction;[2] however, there is a lack of data in humans.[3] Its use has been associated with serious side effects and death.[2] It is used as an alternative medicine treatment for drug addiction in some countries. Its prohibition in other countries has slowed scientific research.[4]Ibogaine is also used to facilitate psychological introspection and spiritual exploration. Derivatives of ibogaine that lack the substance's psychedelic properties are under development.[5]

Ibogaine-containing preparations are used for medicinal and ritual purposes within African spiritual traditions of the Bwiti, who claim to have learned it from the Pygmy peoples. Although it was first commonly advertised as havinganti-addictive properties in 1962 byHoward Lotsof, its Western use predates that by at least a century. In France it was marketed asLambarène and used as a stimulant. Additionally, the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) studied the effects of ibogaine in the 1950s.[6]

Ibogaine is an indole alkaloid that is obtained either by extraction from the iboga plant or by semi-synthesisfrom the precursor compoundvoacangine,[7][8] another plant alkaloid. The total synthesis of ibogaine was described in 1956.[9]Structural elucidation by X-ray crystallography was completed in 1960.[10][11]

Psychoactive effects

Ibogaine is a psychedelic.[12] The experience of Ibogaine is broken down in two phases, the visionary phase and the introspection phase. The visionary phase has been described as oneirogenic, referring to the dreamlike nature of itspsychedelic effects, and lasts for 4 to 6 hours. The second phase, the introspection phase, is responsible for the psychotherapeutic effects. It can allow people to conquer their fears and negative emotions. Ibogaine catalyzes an altered state of consciousness reminiscent of dreaming while fully conscious and aware so that memories, life experiences, and issues of trauma can be processed

Psychiatric medications are strongly contraindicated in ibogaine therapy due to adverse interactions. Some studies also suggest the possibility of adverse interaction with heart conditions.[citation needed]

One of the first noticeable effects of large-dose ibogaine ingestion isataxia, a difficulty in coordinating muscle motion which makes standing and walking difficult without assistance. Xerostomia (dry mouth), nausea, and vomiting may follow. These symptoms may be long in duration, ranging from 4 to 24 hours in some cases. Ibogaine is sometimes administered per rectum to avoid nausea and vomiting.

In one study of canine subjects, ibogaine was observed to increase sinus arrhythmia (the normal change in heart rate during respiration).[15] It was proposed that there is a risk of QT-interval prolongation following ibogaine administration.[16] This risk was further demonstrated by a case report documenting prolonged QT interval and ventricular tachycardiaafter initial use.[17] Deaths following ibogaine ingestion are documented in the medical literature.[18] Lethal respiratory and cardiac effects are associated with use.[19]

In humans, ibogaine is used in dosages anywhere from 5 mg/kg of body weight for a minor effect to 30 mg/kg in the treatment of strong polysubstance addiction. Efficacy (and risk) of dosages higher than 30 mg/kg in humans is unknown. In animal neurotoxicity studies, there was no observable neurotoxicity of ibogaine at 25 mg/kg, but at 50 mg/kg, one-third of the rats had developed patches of neurodegeneration, and at doses of 75 mg/kg or above, all rats showed a characteristic pattern of degeneration of Purkinje neurons, mainly in the cerebellum.[20] While caution should be exercised when extrapolating animal studies to humans, these results suggest that neurotoxicity of ibogaine is likely to be minimal when ibogaine is used in the 10–20 mg/kg range typical of drug addiction interruption treatment regimens.[21]

You can read the rest at the link above...
PS....everything has a price ...

This post has been edited by constantine on September 22, 2016, 1:53 PM

Posted: September 22, 2016, 2:16 PM
Boils down to snake oil.

--------------------
Serenity Prayer

AA's HOW IT WORKS:

NA's HOW IT WORKS:

---Dry since 1989

--Richard Rohr

Posted: September 22, 2016, 2:52 PM
Lol...😀...!!

Posted: September 22, 2016, 9:23 PM
ibogaine doesn't sound like much of a trade off to me! Heroine or ibogaine --they both can kill you and you are just trading one drug for another!!

Yup--snake oil!!!

Posted: September 23, 2016, 5:01 PM
Well, that's certainly p****d on my bonfire!

Posted: September 23, 2016, 7:28 PM
Hey squeeze..I've read a lot about in past, and as you that's it. I don't disregard the fact that it can help..while I don't believe there is any miracle pill or remedy..I do think eyes should be open to other sources. As far as being illegal In the u.s, i won't get into that now..but I believe boils down to money. as far as risks/side effects..well EVERYdrug has them, legal or not..and death is usually included in many. covering asses. it's not a matinence drug, that's one of many reasons ibogaine has always intrigued me. It's been a while I've read up on. Maybe YouTube has people that have gone through it?

Posted: September 23, 2016, 10:45 PM
There is a documentary of an addict who actually walks through the process in real life. Its very good...scary though.

--------------------

JEN

I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power,love and a sound mind.

Posted: November 15, 2016, 5:04 PM
once years and years ago I got clean from Heroin using Ecstasy, didnt feel any withdrawal.. used about 4,5 days in row half tablets every 8,9 hours and was fine but its not for everybody, guessing this works on similar way? Any psychedelic if you use for more then few days in row will leave consequences ... I wouldnt go for this , so much better stuff is out there for substituting heroin

Posted: November 15, 2016, 5:26 PM
Anyone watch "The Knick", that series starring Clive Owen about the hospital in New York in early 1900's. Great show.

Owen's character (Dr. Thackery) is addicted to cocaine and in the final episode he goes to the mental hospital for the new cure that just came out.
The last scene shows him getting an injection and settling down in his bed - the vial is sitting on the table next to him and it says 'heroin" on it.

--------------------
Serenity Prayer

AA's HOW IT WORKS:

NA's HOW IT WORKS:

---Dry since 1989

--Richard Rohr

Posted: November 15, 2016, 5:31 PM
I watched it, the worst thing i seen when he asked of his nurse to inject him in p****... didnt even know its possibile. Just looked up this Ibogaine and its legal in UK and some of top clinics are using for heroin addiction... its news to me as I never heard of it before

Posted: November 15, 2016, 5:34 PM
i just hate psychedelics :(

Posted: November 15, 2016, 5:46 PM
guys when you have time would you go trough this link and read what this guy is saying , to me it makes lot of sense actually
http://www.thewindowsofreality.com/

This post has been edited by Bonnie5 on November 15, 2016, 5:46 PM
post replypost new topic