post replypost new topic
I'm Lost. Just Found Out My Wife Been On Meth

Posted: May 31, 2016, 7:58 PM
HI I just found out my better half has been on Meth for 12-15 years. We have been together for 9 years. I am lost. I don't know who to talk to for my benefit. She told her boss's of her problem and then she told me. She said she had a visit from God not any police trouble and has decided to stop on her own. From what she told me she has been doing every day at least twice a day. She won't get help, said she will do on her own. She had me throw everything away, pipe,etc. But I know she is already hiding things in our home. Its been a couple of weeks, she is lying as I've read about and I haven't confronted her. I know how she blows up, now there are so many things that have taken place over the 9 years that fit into this picture. If I had to type all of what I know there isn't enough space. I am 60 yrs old. don't do drugs only have 1 drink per year at most and have been through similar to this is my past. I don't know how I keep finding these people. I just want someone to talk to. She will be 47 this year and we both are in the same business. When she told me she prided herself in telling me she is a successful Functioning Addict that nobody had a clue, and she wants to stop NOW. Is there anyone I can talk to for my sanity? I have called a couple of places to have her get help, she insists she can do on her own. If you can answer a question for me, she has a best friend, another woman who I've know since beginning of our relationship and now I found out from my lady that her friend has been clean for 2 years than she changed it to 3 years. Would a former addict want to be around a current addict if she was clean? She has a job and in all the years we have been together, she has only come to our home once. Now I know why. I am rambling, Is there anyone to talk to. Please help

Posted: May 31, 2016, 9:35 PM
I just found out a few days ago that my brother is addicted to prescription drugs. It was like deja vu when he told me. About 15 years prior, I was invited to an intervention for my alcoholic dad. I had no idea he was an alcoholic. He was extremely functional. He owned his own business and was very successful.

It's the worst feeling when they tell you. I kind of feel like an idiot for not knowing, but what can you do? Addicts are very clever and very sneaky. Alcohol (and prescription drugs) destroyed my dad's life. He ultimately died of an overdose. Now I fear the same for my brother. It's hard to deal with the deception. Wish I had a better answer for you other than I think I know in some part how you feel. Best wishes.

Posted: June 2, 2016, 5:34 PM
I find with my husband that every story he tells I am getting less than half of the truth. when I first discovered his narcotics he tried to get me to believe it was the first time. I had difficulty dealing with the odds of my finding his drugs the first time he got any... so his story changed to ... I've done it a couple few times before. Now on my most recent begging for honesty he has told me he has been doing narcotics off and on for about a year. My sister has confirmed that he was asking her husband for narcotics two years ago when her husband had a hurt back and drugs to go along with it.

I am impressed that she confessed her addiction to you. that must have taken a lot of nerve. I hope she is sincere. Try to be supportive. Maybe if she fails she will be ready for help later.

post replypost new topic