post replypost new topic
Help!!!!

Posted: January 17, 2016, 6:34 PM
Hi I'm a mother of a 33 yr old heroin addict I have dealt with this for 14 hrs jails,prisons ,rehabs and he never says he wants help until he has taken enough prescription pills to kill anyone then he will call and say come get me I'm here I have taken a lot of stuff he has over dosed probably 8 times in the last 6 months ,it's almost as if he does this playing Russian roulette to see if this is the time he won't come back but makes sure it will be me that finds him I just do not know what to do anymore

Posted: January 19, 2016, 11:46 PM
Don't do anything...really, don't do another thing. This hasn't been your battle since your child became an adult. Please do just let go, it's much healthier for everyone concerned. Been there, stopped in year 7 of daughter's addiction, all of us are so much better off, including daughter who saw she was on her own and got clean. Your son may not survive, that's a sad fact of this scourge, but you can still have a good life for yourself.

Peace ~ MomNMore

Posted: January 20, 2016, 8:58 AM
MomNMore is absolutely right. There is absolutely nothing that you can say or do. My son is still using and sometimes it's hard for me to not try to take control. I won't go back to the way things were though. His dad and I are so much more at peace now. We kicked him out over a year ago. This is his disease, he has to deal with it. Now, if he called tomorrow and asked for a ride to an NA meeting, I would give him one if I could. I'm just not going to beatvmy head against the wall anymore. We have come to terms with the fact that heroin could very well kill him but that is not in our control. God bless.
Michelle

--------------------
Michelle
post replypost new topic