post replypost new topic
Starting Suboxone

Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:45 PM
hi my husband has had a heroin problem for 10 years and has been trying to get off it.we have been married 7 months and were best friends for years prior. at the start we we soo happy he was taking methodone but then wanted to changed to suboxone because he would always be asleep and it was affecting our relationship. we had a bad fight recently as he has been making up excuses not to see me and hardly calling me. and he messed up worst then ever and stopped taking his suboxone and used $1000 In one week. after I found this out I broke down and started hysterically crying advising I can't do this anymore as he has been acting so cold and unloving towards me and always going to his parents house. he lft my house and went to his parents advising he was going to start taking his suboxone again cause he didn't want to hurt me anymore. the week he used $1000 I hadn't seen him the whole week then he came home for 5 minutes and left again. he didnt' attempt to contact me for 2 days and I heard from his family that he was taking the suboxone again in front of them every day. he is now telling me that he needs at least 2 weeks to start the suboxone again. Is the suboxone the reason he is being so distant or is it simply that he doesn't love me anymore. I have told him I will stand by him no matter what as long as he is honest. but how can he love me when he doesn't even call or want to see me. he doesn't explain his feelings to me and just keeps saying he wants to protect me from this. but is the suboxone making him like this towards me or simply that he doesn't care anymore.

This post has been edited by angel80 on January 12, 2016, 9:05 PM

Posted: January 13, 2016, 9:41 AM
Angel,
It seems to me that your husband isn't and wasn't probably in the right place in his recovery.to get married. Is he getting any sort of outpatient treatment? Counseling? I have been married for 30 years and it just seem like you're in a healthy relationship. But...you are married. Your husband definitely needs to be going to meetings and the two of you should be in counseling in my opinion. If that can't happen, you might need to make the decision to move on with your life. I wish you luck.
Michelle

--------------------
Michelle
post replypost new topic