post replypost new topic
Crack Addict
Becca

Posted: September 30, 2015, 2:48 PM
Hi I'm be w here. And struggling with a crack addiction. I'm trying anything to stop, and I need help.

*** please do not post personal contact information. thank you, the moderators ***

This post has been edited by moderator on September 30, 2015, 10:04 PM

Posted: October 7, 2015, 9:22 PM
Hi, I just found your post now. I don't know if you still feel the same and are still trying to stop your addiction. My daughter is a crack addict and it's a powerful drug to get off. But you know it can be done! You are going to be able to get through this. Find a meeting and make yourself go to it even if you don't want to, if you think it's stupid or your just too embarrassed...just find one and take that first step and go. God Bless you and stay strong!

Posted: October 8, 2015, 1:18 PM
I wish I had access to the internet at home.

Mandm;

Becca probably won't be back, but it was nice of you to offer support. It seems to me addicts , in an act of desperation, search the internet for answers, sometimes they find their way onto the forums. Due to the nature of the forums (delay in response) vs a chat room, they usually don't come back. It's a shame and I wish I could be of more help.
It's also frustrating to see that the moderators may have removed some contact information. As I certainly would have tried to reach out. (Although I do understand the action due to liability)

Be Well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
Jillian

Posted: October 10, 2015, 6:55 PM
I know it is very hard to stop. I was a crack cocaine user for 25 years, heavy ($1000/week) for about 10 of them. I have been clean now for 3.5 years. I kept my addiction a secret from most people. I finally stopped when I ran out of credit and excuses. I said everything I could to people around me as to why I moved frequently, why I didn't have any money, why bill collectors were hounding me. When I ran out of excuses I decided enough was enough. People sell themselves short...it takes A LOT of effort to be an addict. There is the constant hustle to finance it and the continual hunt to find it. Try to apply that effort to stopping. Find a meeting, enter a program, find a sponsor....it isn't easy but once you see what your life can be "after" crack you will know that there is no need to keep chasing it. Chase something that benefits YOU!
A mom

Posted: October 17, 2015, 9:51 AM
My son has been an addict for quite some time i tried one time to bail him out and pulled back from it. He goes in jail gets out and runs back to the streets in NY. His family is in NC. He was doing bad recently. In the streets high, stealing and was almost killed by a bunch of guys for stealing. I got permission to bring him to NC and i went and found my son. He came back with me in a high state and said "lets get out if here". It is one week and he has done everything he needs to do. Unfortunatly he faces legal issues that might require him to go back to NY for jail time. We as a family decided it would be best to keep him in NC until his court date. I as a mom will do everything to educate myself including therapy for myself to deal with this. We as a family never really gave him this kind of support. He seems happy but just yesterday he said he was depressed. We got him some medicstion for his depression. He has started a path for his recovery. I know we are in for a long road and we realize he will most likely relapse. I dont want him to die out there and as long as he is able to take steps so are we. I have given up and said in the past when your ready i will support you. He said this is what he needed for us to go get him. He is in the withdrawal state but functioning well. May god continue to give him strenghth. I pray for you and all mothers and families dealing with these struggles.

Posted: October 22, 2015, 2:09 AM
I have relapsed every 3 months and it has finally killed whatever love and trust i had in my marriage. Its a very hard drug to kick, and I did not do what everyone says by committing to going to meetings. I start and then I stop. Its not about saving my marriage. Its about saving me and what I am blessed to still have. Right now I 'm having nightmares and can't sleep. I hate romancing they high but I can't think of anything else. replaying how I messed up this last time.

I have committment issues with sticking to what I start. If I don't change my ways i'm going to lose everything.

--------------------
All this happened for the sole purpose to help others fight this thing with all we got.

Posted: January 9, 2016, 6:56 PM
My now ex fiance had been a crack addict for many years. He is currently in his 3rd rehab in the last 2 years. The last one seemed to work well. He came home a different person, loving, confident, helpful. He was so into going to meetings and NA functions. Then on his 90th day instead of going to get his 90 day key tag he went and got high. I encouraged him to go back to meetings and get back into his sobriety but I think that he was too embarrassed or just not ready. That was the day before Thanksgiving. SSSI much bad happened since then. He sole Christmas presents, got in some legal trouble, and a few days before he decided he wanted to get help again I caught him with a prostitute. Come to find out that they had been spending a lot of time together getting high and doing whatever. I was told that she is claiming him as her man. Crushed can't even explain how I'm feeling. I am a strong woman, I have a nice home and a great job, I don't understand why in Gods name he would do that. Can addiction really make someone stoop that low? Tomorrow is the first family visit day at the rehab and I don't know if I have it in me to go. At what point do I just give up on him? Do cheating and crack whores go along with that lifestyle? I just don't understand how he can look at me after what he's done. I just dont know how to feel.
handontheplow

Posted: January 11, 2016, 4:16 PM
I too have been stuck in the pangs of this hungry ghost....and am currently on the path of walking away from it...got my hand on the plow and am not looking back ever again....i'll be more than glad to be able to help you as I help myself as well....may The Most High guide us both and I know that he will...
kelly

Posted: January 24, 2016, 8:11 PM
Hi i have been crack addict for many years i now have five years of being clean from it . you can kick this. my suggestion is get a good support net work . and watch out for people places and things. it is possible good luck

Posted: April 4, 2016, 1:01 PM
yvonne collyer,

We moved your post to the Families/Partners of Addicts forum. The thread is Son is a Crack Addict

Posted: August 7, 2016, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone,

About a week ago, I got married traditionally to a crack addict. It's 2 weeks now until we have our wedding ceremony at our (church). He stepped out this morning to go for a hair with his son (my stepson). He usually doesn't carry money but this time he asked for the bank card to pay for the haircuts at the salon. As I was getting ready for (church) I noticed that I was getting notifications on my phone that money was being withdrawn in the area that he has been using in for the past 14 years. He left our son there and went off to get high. I called his phone, he left it with our son and we were able to pick him up because the hair salon is a 2 minute drive outside the house. We managed to find the car eventually but he is still missing. I don't know what to think or do, this is the 4th time he has relapsed in the past 5 months. The clean periods are getting shorter and the restrictions keep getting tighter but one little loop hole and there's a relapse.
post replypost new topic