post replypost new topic
Please Tell Me What To Do

Posted: July 28, 2015, 5:51 PM
The love of my life for the past 12 years told me he is addicted to meth about 3 months ago. He told me because he said he wanted to stop but it hasn't stopped and we argue all the time.I know I can't make him stop.. He has to want it. Today he tells me he is done, I have heard it before and want to believe he really does, but I just don't know. We have a 4 year old and I do not want her around him when he's high. I have left him several times but he calls me and tells me he's sober so I go back but he goes right back to it as soon as he gets more money.What do I do? Leave and cut off all contact? Or stay and just hope that things will get better?

Posted: July 29, 2015, 12:20 PM
Hi Hope,
you need to get yourself and your daughter out of there, it is no place for either of you - you need to look after you and your daughter - explain to him that you will only consider returning when he reaches out and gets help and when he has been clean for a good while - words are cheap and easy - it's easy to promise to stay clean when you dont have the means to get high - addicts manipulate and use people - i know i have done it myself - we will tell you what we think you need to hear - you cannot trust an addict in active addiction - trust me i have been there - only when he has been clean for a good while and demonstrates he is commited to recovery, going to NA or some other recovery program or addiction counsellor- then and only then should you even consider allowing him back into your lives - you do not want to live with someone you cannot trust - never sure when he is going to get high - remember addiction is a progresive disease, he will need more and more drugs to get the high he is chasing - at that stage he will use whatever means it takes, lie, cheat, steal as the drugs take more and more control of his life - sorry but thats how it affects people - you dont want to live like that - you deserve better for yourself and your daughter - there is a group called Naranon, that helps relatives of drug addicts - you will get real support, help and advice there- reach out to them, you will be made welcome and meet many people in the same situation, you are not alone - keep posting here for any help or support we can give you - all the best

Posted: December 17, 2015, 3:04 AM
I've been married for 35 years. Happily till crystal meth took over our lives. I now xm doing the tuff love Told him to leave , he text every night to tell me how much he loves me and not to worry it will be ok. Yea right more lies. He has lied , cheated, just like my group said he would. Denies everything, even when all the evidence is right in front of him. He is not the same person he was a year ago. Breaks my heart. But you need to take care of yourself and your daughter. Because he doesn't and won't. I feel abandoned and thrown away like we are nothing We have to be strong for our children. Take care of yourself. And pray
post replypost new topic