post replypost new topic
Gaming Addiction

Posted: April 22, 2015, 1:08 PM
My wife and I are in our early forties. We have been married for four years and have had a good relationship. One Interest we both share is playing games on our iPads. We will sit in bed together or sit on the couch and play whatever games we like. There were no problems until my wife started playing a particular game. This game requires a lot of strategy and social interaction between players. She started playing the game a year ago. As time went by she got deeper and deeper into the game. I started to notice all of her attention going toward the game and the people she played it with. She is always worried about some event that effects winning, losing, or her fellow players. When she is at home and has free time, she is playing the game. I feel know I have taken second place to her game and gaming friends. There is a man that is one of her gaming buddies. She talks to him daily online. He is married and has a family. My wife and I were planning our yearly vacation and she decided she wants to go out of state to visit this man and his family. I tried I talk her out of going(I'm going with her) but she won't change her mind. I have talked to her and she promises me she has no romantic interest in this man, and I believe her. I still feel like this game, her gaming friends, etc have created a big gap between my wife and I. It's driving me crazy and making me very sad. I would appreciate any comments or advice.
post replypost new topic