post replypost new topic
Synthetic Weed
WorriedOne17

Posted: April 7, 2015, 3:25 PM
Hello everyone.

I would like to reach out to a helpful hand. I am 17 and I live in a family of 4. Me, my younger brother of 10, my mother and my father. About 8 months ago we all hit a hard patch in life dealing with my father losing his job. He has been somewhat sad up until about 4 months ago, that is when things changed. I was home alone once and I did not see my father. He was outside and he looked like he was shaking violently. Worried I ran outside to see what was the matter, and I smelled an odd odor. I found a Spice labeled "Happy" and I knew what it was, and threw it away, and contacted my mother. After that it seemed that he had only done it every once and a while, but not constantly.

Now time skip to a few weeks ago, about 2 weeks. We all come home from school and work(My mother is a teacher) and he always shows the symptoms that he has smoked his Spice. He never answers any calls that me and my mother send. At one point I hid his pipes and lighters to prevent him from smoking it anymore. However, it has gotten so bad that every time we throw away another 5-15g of the stuff he always has more the next day. He never leaves the house to our knowledge besides from us being at school.

It has gotten so bad that these past few days he's been making makeshift pipes and using matches to light it. He has made my mother cry, because he is not wanting to look for another job and she is having to hold the whole house upon her shoulders, two kids and her job as an educator. we have pleaded with him and have been contacting his friends to see where he has been getting the substances.

He is 50 years old, he does have a back problem with some dislocated disks within his spine(That is why he lost his job) and we do have insurance. We have tried looking for rehab centers today but my mother was told that using Spice is not a real addiction. I want to turn to someone for help, because I only have one father and he is everything to me. I want us to become a happy family again. Is there anything that I can do, or any advice/experience that anyone may have?

I would greatly appreciate it. From not just a person, but a daughter.

Posted: April 7, 2015, 3:38 PM

Contact your local Nar-Anon group.
Look them up in the phone book or on-line at http://www.nar-anon.org/
The folks there will help you and your family get your lives back.

Does your father have family nearby? Do you have aunts/uncles?

I wish you the best, girl.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
WorriedOne17

Posted: April 7, 2015, 3:50 PM
I will look that up, thank you. Do you mind if I ask what they are? Like what they do?

And yes I do have uncles and my father does have brothers, sisters, and even a mother(but she is very fragile). I am aware that one of my father's brother has been in and out of rehab before. So calling him up is something that I have considered.

He feels like he cannot provide for the family, seeing as my mom is the only one with a job (although I am about to receive one) and he believes that providing for the family is a man's job. He feels worthless and is depressed.

Posted: April 7, 2015, 9:38 PM
Nar-Anon is a program for family and friends of addicts/alcoholics.
They help the families who are affected by the disease. They will explain your options .

Your father could benefit greatly by attending NA meetings but he has to want to do it.

A family intervention may help.... the folks at Nar-Anon can help you.

They are free, there is no cost .. and no commitment/contract. The door is always open.

All the best.

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
post replypost new topic