post replypost new topic
Moms/dads Of Adult Addicts Never Heard From Again.

Posted: March 25, 2015, 11:05 PM
Hi All Who are Praying, Suffering, and celebrating a successful recovery with your loved one.
10 years now, my adult son has been on & off the streets. He is again on the street some 1100 miles from me. In the past years there was always some one I knew could get a msg to him, or could tell me, they saw him, etc. This is my first time of losing him entirely. I recently joined Nar-anon but only had my first mtg last night. I try not to let my mind travel ahead, I try to think positive, and I PRAY PRAY PRAY. How do other parents or how have other parents dealt with the last time they ever heard from their adult addict on the streets. He is my Son and I can not just let it go. I am ok with the tough love and have been doing that. I have never gone this long without hearing SOMETHING from him. Please share with me how you do it. I also am single/divorced and basically alone handling this. I know to grab my tools such as joining the group and keeping busy, and trying to help others. Nights are the worst time. It really hurts and leaves a big hole. Thank you for your share if you wish to.

--------------------
To Trust
To Hope
To Endure
Whatever Comes.

Posted: March 30, 2015, 7:08 PM
Dear
2WhiteDoves1120

I see that in 4 days since you posted I see there are no replies.......and I wasn't going to either because I do not know how to Let Go either!!! So, I have no advice. I understand 'tough love', letting them hit rock bottom........but I don't know how to Let Go and I am not even sure I know what that means.
There is not a day.....even an hour that goes by that I don't think of him and wonder. I try to keep busy, try to think positive, pray......but I find that if I am reading or watching tv.....my mind is thinking of him.

In the same boat!!

Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:36 PM
Hi Heartsick Mom,
Thank you so much! I had a really bad weekend-paralyzing. I found another site Solely for
"Mom's of Addicts". I have also gained and shared so much strength on their site. If you want to check it out it is "The Addict's Mom" .com I love this site here also, but there, it's just Mom's.
I love and gain strength from this site as everyone is here and I always read, share and learn something new from such a diversity every time I log on.

I am also sorry for the boat we share, I refuse to give up Hope. You are so right when you say, try to keep busy, etc, but those Maternal thoughts keep popping in, lately, I have been saying a Prayer every single time, literally. Any Prayer, one I make up, the Serenity Prayer, I have a list that I call my list of Hope. I also joined a Nar-Anon group to make my self go out and be with others sharing our "Boats". It's a bit different than AA/NA as it too is for loved ones of an Addict.
I thank you again for writing, and by your writing, I have met one more source who gave me strength at the right time! I hope I can give back too when I reply to someone.
Have a Smile at least once today even if there is nothing to smile at!! < Joanne

--------------------
To Trust
To Hope
To Endure
Whatever Comes.
post replypost new topic