post replypost new topic
Lost The Fight

Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:13 AM
I'm dealing with my 19 year old son, who has a drug addiction and does not believe he has a problem. 3 years ago he started smoking pot and preached to me that it's natural and doesn't hurt the body. It became so bad that he was missing school, failing all his classes in school and not going anywhere. At this time I had the opportunity to sell my house, and move in with my boyfriend (now husband) out in the country, and remove my son from the situation he was in. It worked, he hated me at the beginning, but came around and he started getting good grades and in the time he was suppose to graduate, he did.. I am very proud of him for that. Now he has moved back into the city, he moved in with my brother and his wife, he has a great paying job. But we found out he is back to his old ways, but even worse. He has started using morphine, he lies all the time about where he is going and what he is doing, he doesn't show up for work unless he needs the money for his habit. My brother no longer wants him in there house because they don't trust him.. We asked him to get help and that we will help him. He refuses and says he doesn't have a problem.
Am I right to say that it's time to let my son go and let him hit rock bottom?

Posted: March 21, 2015, 5:44 PM
When I read the title I thought I'd be reading about a death from addiction, but your son is still alive and so there is still hope for him. It is always the right time to let them learn from their own decisions and some bottoms are deeper than others, but where there is life, there is always a chance that he will get it. He is also likely to 'get it' somewhat more quickly when he no longer has the comforts of a warm and secure home...sad, but true.

Peace ~ MomNMore

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image
post replypost new topic