post replypost new topic
Manufacturing/dealing Meth

Posted: March 18, 2015, 3:12 PM
How surreal this whole business seems to me. I not only suspected our 51 year old son of being a drug dealer, I asked him several times. He denied any connection with drugs. His life choices have upset us both for at least the last ten years. I told him that.

A week ago he was arrested on 3 counts of manufacturing and distribution. His court date is April 20th. We will try to visit him in our local jail, but the Sheriff department said we can't visit unless we are on his visitor permission list.

He has two brothers and three sisters, not to mention the nieces and nephews. Everyone is going through mixed emotions. My issue is guilt. What did I do wrong? Being human I can name at least a few things I wish I had not done or a few I wish I had. I really am having a hard time because when I cry I am not sure it is feeling sorry for him or myself. Not a fun place to be.

Glad I found this sight to vent.

Posted: March 28, 2015, 12:07 AM
I've been where your son is. I can tell you, being arrested may be a blessing in disguise. Methamphetamine addiction is different from other addictions in that it is pretty easy to make. Alcoholics would probably brew their own liquor in an hour and a half if they could. So once a person becomes consumed by meth, it is very difficult not to be tempted to create your own. Especially when you're out and going through withdrawals. It is also very difficult to quit. When I got arrested however, that was enough to scare me straight. I was devastated and mortified by what I put my parents and family through. I vowed to never disappoint them again. I have however since relapsed and am here searching for answers as to how I can be so stupid. I'll never make it again but I need to figure out how to quit. For good this time.

I hope this helps some. Good luck to you.

Posted: March 28, 2015, 7:34 AM
I hope you can quit. My partner just threatened me and abused me telling me it was my fault he was using, starting injecting more before I left. Ice is horrible and destroys loved ones and those around you. Just think of the hurt and pain drug addicts put people through. Hoping that in itself should be enough.
post replypost new topic