post replypost new topic
What Can I Do
Peggy Pushover

Posted: March 7, 2015, 12:48 AM
I have been with him for six years. He used to do Meth but got clean he had been sober for eight years. Recently I found out he has been doing Meth again. He said he has done it maybe three times in the past year and even though once is too much I let it go. But then less than two weeks after busting him I found a new pipe that has already been used. He lied to me. As far as I know he has never lied to me before this. I don't know what to do. I never leave the kids home with him now in case he comes down and falls asleep and won't wake up. When I caught him the first time it was because he was acting really weird so I was snooping on his facebook, which I know is not right either, but then when I confronted him he turned it around at me about trust and tried to play it off like we were even or something because yeah he had done meth "once or twice" but I also broke his trust by looking at his facebook. I have no idea what to do. I don't want to leave him. He was clean for so long and I don't understand what would make you go back after coming this far. We have a lot going on in our family right now and this will not help any of it. The doctors diagnosed his mother with brain cancer and gave her six months to live and now it has been two years of her fighting but not really getting better. Also our almost two year old son has been diagnosed with Autism which has put a lot of stress on us. He has just started this job recently and its a really good job that would not be good to lose. I know if I tell him to quit or I am leaving he will just pick a fight with me about how he wouldn't leave me for anything. I know I should leave but I worry about what he will do to himself if I leave. He doesn't seem to want to be with the kids and I anymore but when I did call him out on it he acted all upset that I might leave. I also just started me new job and have missed a lot of time for our sons multiple appointments. I am worried for our future and for my children. He never brings anything into our home or does it around the kids but what if he does.

Posted: March 7, 2015, 10:35 AM
How did he stay clean for 8 yrs?
Is he attending NA meetings?

I strongly suggest you contact your local Nar-Anon group(s) and get to their meetings.
They will help you get your life back.

I wish you the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: March 7, 2015, 6:50 PM
Iam so sorry for what your dealing with,I know exaxtly how you feel...iam going thru a very similar situation..my husban was clean for 8 years as well and now that his life is much better and we ahve a baby he decided to go back to smoking meth..its draining me i have dealt with this for over a year now and whenever i kick him out he swears up and down he will stop....stay strong my friend...i will pray for you..and just know that you are not alone.
post replypost new topic